• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announce your new bookings in Lets Talk Cruise forum

Rate this topic

2-2-2015 - NCL Pearl - 417 days from now. Too far away to get real excited about yet, but three vacations in the queue feels awesome! :biggrin:

We would have been flying tomorrow to a February 2nd cruise on the Pearl. Unfortunately that cruise was canceled by NCL in favor of a chartered cruise for rock bands. Following are our booked cruises now:

3-6-2015 - NCL Pearl - Waiting an extra month for this one is killing us!!! :biggrin:

2-15-2016 - RCL Serenade of the Seas - Wish we could move this one closer!!! :biggrin:

Edited by Noillid2

NCL canceled the cruise 11 months prior to the cruise. We booked the February 2, 2015 cruise on January 24, 2014. NCL sent me an email on March 7, 2014 with a letter attached stating the Norwegian Pearl would be out of service from January 2, 2015 to March 6, 2015 because of a private charter. I am still disappointed NCL canceled the cruise!!! :sad2: I firmly believe that NCL knew the cruise was going to be chartered, and still allowed PCC's, TA's, etc. to make bookings. Just prior to the cancelation, I checked to see how booked the ship was and found there was only a handful a cabins left. The cancelation meant there were at least 2300 displaced people searching for another way to still have their vacation. This was just the displaced people from our cruise. NCL also canceled five other cruises on the Pearl: January 2, 2015, January 12, 2015, January 22, 2015, February 12, 2015, and February 23, 2015. That's a lot of displaced people and just plain rude of NCL!!! They lost a lot of my loyalty as a result! :sad2::sad2::sad2:

NCL canceled the cruise 11 months prior to the cruise. We booked the February 2, 2015 cruise on January 24, 2014. NCL sent me an email on March 7, 2014 with a letter attached stating the Norwegian Pearl would be out of service from January 2, 2015 to March 6, 2015 because of a private charter. I am still disappointed NCL canceled the cruise!!! :sad2: I firmly believe that NCL knew the cruise was going to be chartered, and still allowed PCC's, TA's, etc. to make bookings. Just prior to the cancelation, I checked to see how booked the ship was and found there was only a handful a cabins left. The cancelation meant there were at least 2300 displaced people searching for another way to still have their vacation. This was just the displaced people from our cruise. NCL also canceled five other cruises on the Pearl: January 2, 2015, January 12, 2015, January 22, 2015, February 12, 2015, and February 23, 2015. That's a lot of displaced people and just plain rude of NCL!!! They lost a lot of my loyalty as a result! :sad2::sad2::sad2:

I agree! Even with that much notice it is extremely disappointing and could be disruptive to other major life events going on in people's lives. Let's hope this month goes quickly for you!

This would certainly make me want to travel on another cruise line. Let's hope they make the March cruise spectacular.

I hope it's spectacular too!!! I do know it will be another very fun cruise!!! :smile::smile::smile:

In 2016 NCL no longer has 10 and 11-day cruises, which we really love! :sad2: They, as well as the other cruise lines, are really pushing the mega ships. We do not want to sail on them! They're just too big!!! As a result, our next booked cruise is a 11-day Southern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas (2146 passengers) on 2-15-2015. :smile:

As a result, our next booked cruise is a 11-day Southern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas (2146 passengers) on 2-15-2015. :smile:

Hi Tom! We’ll be aboard Serenade of the Seas in a few months for a Northern Europe cruise – we absolutely love Royal Caribbean’s Radiance-class ships! We found their next bigger ships (Voyager-class and Freedom-class) were not right for us; however we did find their giant Oasis-class ships felt much less crowded and more organized because of their outstanding design. Happy cruising!