• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hotel/Miami

Rate this topic

CaroleB

After an exhaustive search to no end. I have concluded that the best hotel I can stay in for my my April cruise out of Miami, is right at the airport.

I have finally booked at the Miami International Airport Hotel. So much easier than struggling to find a hotel, then shuttle service.

I can land, go upstairs to my room, eat, sleep, wake up, go downstairs and use the new Cruise check-in at concourse d or h, get my sail and sign cards and get a shuttle (booked through Carnival) to take me to the ship. After my check in at the airport, I will be able to go to an express check in line at the cruise port and board the ship. Just a few less things to stress about. Now I need airfare. LOL

I am so used to driving to a cruise port I forgot all the details that can be so stressful about flying, then getting to the ship and back. Once I have airfare booked I can relax...........I hope. :)

Carole, I think you made a good choice. We have stayed at Bayside a number of times. Great place because of all the restaurants and shopping. But the taxi rides cost a bundle to get to/from airport and/or cruise port. The last time we flew in to Miami, Marcy and James stayed at a hotel at the airport (they didn't do the back to back with us). They said it truly was so much easier (and cheaper in the long run).

I hear you on airfare. I keep looking. Right now it's over $500/person Tucson to Ft Lauderdale. Good luck!!

The taxi from the airport to the port or from the port to the airport is fixed: $25.

I've had a number of people happy with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South. Includes breakfast. Airport shuttle. They can arrange a shuttle to the port for $10 per person, or take a taxi.

• 2 weeks later...

I already paid for the Carnival Shuttle at $16.00 each way. Still needing airfare but so far all the good specials show that you must fly before March. I need it to go through the first week in April, so I will patiently wait for more sales. :)

• 1 year later...

Hello

I'm new here. I'm looking for reasonable hotel accommodations (3*) in the Miami Beach area, near the ocean preferably and also near the Port of Miami. Planning a cruise in late August with a couple days before in Miami. I don't plan to rent a car so just a couple cab rides hopefully.

Any suggestions?

Hello

I'm new here. I'm looking for reasonable hotel accommodations (3*) in the Miami Beach area, near the ocean preferably and also near the Port of Miami. Planning a cruise in late August with a couple days before in Miami. I don't plan to rent a car so just a couple cab rides hopefully.

Any suggestions?

Just click this link for Miami hotels near the Port of Miami: http://www.cruiseporthotels.com/port_of_miami_hotels.html