• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Back from the Grand Princess to Alaska!

Rate this topic

Jan115

Returned last night from an amazing two-week vacation, beginning with three days in San Francisco, continuing with 10 days at sea to Alaska and Glacier Bay, and ending with the beautiful redwoods of Muir Woods. I have about 1200 photos to weed through ... and that's not counting another 1500 on my husband's camera - yikes!!

I just posted my review - read it HERE.

Also will be blogging about it soon and posting up some photos when I have time. But first I still need to finish the laundry!

If anyone has any questions about the ship or itinerary, ask away! :smile:

Hi Jan,

Glad you had fun. We live in Humboldt County (coastal near the Oregon border in California), so we've done Alaskan cruises twice. The first was on the Sun Princess and then a couple years ago we took the adult kids and families on the Sapphire Princess. We have always had a lot of fun. We cruised out of Seattle and out of L.A. both twice, but never out of SF. That sounds like great fun! Our next cruise will be in the Caribbean. Our bucket list includes going thru the Canal from Fort Lauderdale and ending back in California and doing a British Isles cruise.

Janice

Hi Jan,

Glad you had fun. We live in Humboldt County (coastal near the Oregon border in California), so we've done Alaskan cruises twice. The first was on the Sun Princess and then a couple years ago we took the adult kids and families on the Sapphire Princess. We have always had a lot of fun. We cruised out of Seattle and out of L.A. both twice, but never out of SF. That sounds like great fun! Our next cruise will be in the Caribbean. Our bucket list includes going thru the Canal from Fort Lauderdale and ending back in California and doing a British Isles cruise.

Janice

Oh, I envy you being so close to Alaska. We are definitely going to go back - adding a second trip to Alaska on our bucket list! Next time, probably out of Seattle and hopefully adding on a land portion. We did a British Isles cruise last summer - just the loop around England, Ireland & Scotland - amazing! Happy travels!

For your viewing pleasure, here are the best of the best of my Alaska cruise & San Francisco Photos.

https://picasaweb.google.com/106306389117062090355/BestOfAlaskaCruise2013?authuser=0&feat=directlink

There two big to post in the albums here on CruiseCrazies, so I posted them up in my Picasa albums. Enjoy!

Our next cruise will be in the Caribbean. Our bucket list includes going thru the Canal from Fort Lauderdale and ending back in California and doing a British Isles cruise.

Those are all fantastic choices Janice!

You folks have gone on a lot of cruises. What's been your favorite?

Hi Jan,

Janice

Oh, I envy you being so close to Alaska. We are definitely going to go back - adding a second trip to Alaska on our bucket list! Next time, probably out of Seattle and hopefully adding on a land portion. We did a British Isles cruise last summer - just the loop around England, Ireland & Scotland - amazing! Happy travels!

Thanks...

We're thinking of the loop with the addition of Paris/Normandy. Did you like the British Isles in the summer?

For your viewing pleasure, here are the best of the best of my Alaska cruise & San Francisco Photos.

https://picasaweb.google.com/106306389117062090355/BestOfAlaskaCruise2013?authuser=0&feat=directlink

There two big to post in the albums here on CruiseCrazies, so I posted them up in my Picasa albums. Enjoy!

Nice photos

Fantastic photos Jan – thanks! (I never really thought about visiting Alcatraz before but it looks fascinating. Another place for the list!)