• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Back from our Cruise on the Carnival Fascination

Rate this topic

Karen55

We had a great time on the Carnival Fascination. This was our sixth cruise on Carnival and the second time on the Fascination. This time we sailed to Key West, FL and Nassau, Bahamas. My sister and her husband went with us. It was their first time on Carnival... They are Royal Caribbean cruiser, so Carnival was 'new' to them. They liked the relaxed atmosphere of Carnival and said they would sail with Carnival again. My sister has now fallen in love with the warm chocolate melting cake as have I... we had it every night for dessert... LOL... That stuff is addictive...

Key West is wonderful! I wish we had more time to explore and visit all of the sites on that small island. The feral chickens running around were so funny and entertaining... We rode the Old Town Hop on Hop off Trolly around the island and took advantage of the hop on hop off policy at several sites such as the Flagler Train Museum and the Souther Most Point in the continential USA...

Nassau is still Nassau... however, they have re-built the straw market in a very nice building. It doesn't have the charm of the old straw market, but the vendors are the same and the women are weaving the purses and the colorful dresses and other items...You can still bargain for the items but they are not willing to come off the prices too much...

We enjoyed the new broadway type shows on board the Fascination... The cast were very talented and really put on a great show. The two productions were performed twice during the trip giving you the opportunity to see it in case you missed one of the performances. Motor City and Divas were the two productions on this cruise. Motor City was my favorite... loved the music and the dancing was fantastic!!!

My husband gave me the option of purchasing a nice piece of jewelry or booking another cruise for next year.... I chose the cruise!!! :laugh:

Edited by Karen55

I thought it was the best choice... Especially since it was the 8 day out of Port Canaveral and to places we've never visited... I am looking forward to being on the newly refurbished Destiny reborn as the Sunshine... It looks spectacular!!! Especially the Serinity Deck!!! Who knows? I may even give the sky walk a shot... LOL... and will check out Guy Fieri's Burger Joint...There is so much to see and do on board the ship, I'm not sure we will have time to check all of it out... I'm glad we have 3 sea days... LOL..

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you had a great cruise. The Carnival shows that we saw were amazing. The RC shows pale in comparison, my opinion. The Carnival shows had all the glitz and glamour, which I love to see.

Congratulations on your new booking.

Love the new shows on Carnival... I have a friend who's son performs on Royal... they have a few new shows coming up so... I will have to reserve judgement on them until I see the new ones he post...

The new format for having Broadway shows on Carnival seems to be working quite well from what I understand... I look for other lines to follow suite...

I am also looking forward to the next cruise... LOL... hope he wants to book another before we get back from this one too!!!