• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Longer Carnival Cruises From Galveston

Rate this topic

I spotted this news release from Carnival and thought it was worth passing along. I think these might be nice interesting options for local folks in the Gulf states.

"For the very first time, Carnival is offering 10- and 11-day cruises between Galveston and San Juan featuring visits to six different Caribbean destinations in one itinerary. The longer cruises from Texas include exciting, rarely visited Caribbean destinations, and for the first time, Bonair is a featured port of call - this island is known for its brightly colored scenery and some of the best diving in the world.

So when do these cruises set sail? Well, there are two 11-day cruises sailing from Galveston to San Juan October 24, 2015 and January 16, 2016; and two 10-day cruises from San Juan to Galveston departing November 4, 2015 and January 27, 2016.

We heard your feedback loud and clear at our Carnival Conversations events to offer more variety from Galveston, particularly longer cruises from the Gulf region. These cruises offer a greater variety of itinerary choices and are a great new option for you to market to your clients. With non-repeating ports on the two different itineraries, guests looking to take an even longer Carnival getaway can book back-to-back cruises and take a memorable three-week voyage roundtrip from Galveston, visiting magnificent destinations."

For more information on these exciting itineraries, please visit GoCCL.com or click here to read the full press release.

Marcy and I were talking about this last night. Sadly, the flight from Tucson to Houston is as much as the flight Tucson to FLL. Then there's the 60-minute one way to Galveston. I told her that we would have to do this together so that we could share the expenses.

Marcy and I were talking about this last night. Sadly, the flight from Tucson to Houston is as much as the flight Tucson to FLL. Then there's the 60-minute one way to Galveston. I told her that we would have to do this together so that we could share the expenses.

That's a shame about the flights. I would have thought the shorter flight would use much less fuel, hence cheaper fair. I hope it works out so that you and Marcy can sail together again.

What's even stranger is that Houston is Continental's hub. I don't think the flight cost is distance. I think it's the airport. Tucson is a very small airport with not a lot of activity. Phoenix International is much bigger, but it takes about 90 minutes to get to Phoenix, another 30-40 to navigate the airport (ha!) and the parking is high. Then, after a cruise, we really don't want to have to drive a long distance to get home and get all stressed up.