• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

"Ruby Princess," and "Adventure of the Seas."

Rate this topic

Shari2

Hi Everyone...has anyone been on the "Ruby Princess," or the "Adventure of the Seas," fairly recently? I have looked at the reviews on here, and appreciate them, but they are a couple of years ago, and I know things can change about the ships. My brother is considering these two ships for his cruise for the "Oldies" cruises. Thanks for any information!

Shari - I haven't been on either ship, but if I had to base it on cruise line, I'd pick Princess in a heartbeat. Plenty of entertainment without the rock-climbing wall, the ice skating rink or rollerblading - unless of course your brother likes that sort of thing. I haven't sailed on the Ruby, but her sister ship - Emerald - was absolutely gorgeous and classy looking in 2010, and I believe your brother would find Ruby to be the same. Food was better, too, than the last RCI cruise I was on.

Thanks, Jan...my brother is just a couple years younger than I, and I was thinking the Ruby Princess, too, since he really is going for the "Oldies" cruise, too. This will be his first cruise, so I would love to have him have a great time. Being that he is going for the "Oldies" cruise on either of them, that will be the entertainment he is looking for. His fiancé is a bit younger, so they probably would enjoy either ship, but I would love to see him on a really beautiful ship... and have good service, and good food for his first cruise.

We were on the AOS but that was in 2008. We were wowed by how cool this ship is, especially the promenade. It's the ships design that sells it. The food and service were good. We did have a problem with the maitre'd of all people who basically lied to us but we bumped it up to the hotel manager who cleaned up the situation splendidly.

Thanks, Everyone...he has chosen the "Ruby." He likes the singers who will be on the ship, and the date of sailing is better for him, and he likes all the good reviews he is getting. I have a feeling this won't be his only cruise, so he will have plenty of time to try other ships like the AOS. Sounds like that's a great ship, too.

Thanks again, everyone...I only wish I were going along, too. Maybe he'll have room in his suitcase...LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Shari, I’m just getting caught up with CruiseCrazies. I can’t believe you have a brother who’s never cruised! Are you sure you’re related?

Ruby Princess is an excellent choice – we sailed her earlier this year and had a great time! We’ve also sailed Adventure of the Seas and enjoyed it very much, but that was in 2005 and as you said, things can change.

Michael and Amy! It is true, I do have a brother who hasn't cruised yet...LOL He has just been so busy with his business, but after all these years he is doing very well, and it's time to have some fun...LOL I'm really excited for him and his fiancé. Thanks for the reassurance of the "Ruby." We just had dinner with them over the 4th, and they are both really excited to go. I can't wait for them to get back and tell me how much they loved it. It's good to know, also, that the "Adventure" would have been good." Thanks for the comments!