• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Love to Cruise

Rate this topic

Hey there! I'm Cynthia from Va Beach, VA.

I have been on 4 cruises with numbers 5 and 6 booked. WE cruise Carnival and NCL but are always open to other lines. WE just seem to find the right price, ports and home port through these 2 lines.

My 1st cruise was on the SS Norway in May of 2003. The cruise after mine was her last as sadly, one of the boilers exploded. She hooked me!

I didn't get the chance to cruise again until the Carnival Valor 7 day Christmas cruise in 2010.

Since then we cruised The Dawn for 11 days in 2011 and the Sun for 10 days in 2013.

I am taking my daughter on a 7 day on the Splendor in December of this year for a graduation gift and in 2015 my SO and I are taking the Pearl for an 11 day Southern Carib./ Panama Canal cruise. <-- very excited about this one.

Hooked is an understatement. We usually drive down to Miami and back. My SO will not fly and his compromise is to do most of the driving. It works out great because we travel well together. I am flying down this year and spending 3 days before and after in South Florida visiting friends.

Thanks for the forums and the opportunity to mingle. Hope to fit right in and meet some like minded cruisers :)

Welcome, Cynthia!

My husband and I didn't discover cruising until our 25th anniversary in 2002, and we were hooked from the start. Sounds like you've been on some great cruises, and it's great that you can drive to ports. It really cuts down on the expense when you don't have to fly!

Look forward to chatting!

• 2 months later...