• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival's New Destination Port in 2015: Amber Cove

Rate this topic

Jan115

Amber Cove, a new destination located in the heart of the Dominican Republic's breathtaking North Coast, known as the Amber Coast, just outside the town of Puerto Plata – will welcome its first cruise ship when the Carnival Victory arrives on October 6, 2015, for a day-long call.

The visit by Carnival Victory is the first of 37 calls by eight different Carnival ships that will take place between October 2015 and April 2016, accounting for more than 100,000 guests during this period.

Amber Cove will be a featured port on select sailings of Carnival Breeze, Carnival Glory, Carnival Splendor and Carnival Victory from Miami, Carnival Conquest from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Carnival Sunshine and Carnival Valor from Port Canaveral, Fla., and Carnival Fantasy from Charleston, S.C.

"Amber Cove is destined to become a cornerstone in creating new itineraries from several U.S. home ports," said Terry Thornton, Carnival's senior vice president of itinerary planning.

"It will provide an unmatched combination of 'fun in the sun' activities and eco-tourism opportunities along with unique sightseeing, dining and cultural experiences to create a lifetime of wonderful vacation memories for our guests," he added.

The facility will offer two berths that can accommodate up to two large post-Panamax cruise ships simultaneously.

Amber Cove will feature one of the most extensive shore excursion programs available in the Caribbean, offering a wide array of landside experiences including beautiful beaches, exciting water sports and special culinary, cultural and adventure options, according to Carnival.

By Cruise Industry News ("Amber Cove to Welcome Carnival in October 2015", Dec. 12, 2014)

Re-posted on CruiseCrazies.com - Cruise News, Articles, Forums, Packing List, Ship Tracker, and more.

Please visit CruiseCrazies.com for more cruise news & articles.

Featured photo credit: www.ambercove.com

Click here to view the article

That picture they are using makes it seem like this place is secluded. That green space at the right side of the picture is actually a RIU resort. I wonder how they feel having a couple cruise ships docked right outside their windows lol

That picture they are using makes it seem like this place is secluded. That green space at the right side of the picture is actually a RIU resort. I wonder how they feel having a couple cruise ships docked right outside their windows lol

Good point, Dan. I wouldn't like it too much, especially if the ship were blocking a million-dollar view from my hotel room. I feel bad for the unsuspecting hotel patron.