• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Where will you be cruising in 2015?

Rate this topic

Jan115

Larry, that sounds like an amazing itinerary. Enjoy!

Thank you. We want to go in 5-6 days early to Singapore to see it some and get over jet lag.Actually I hear that there has been some unrest there which is very atypical as its know as a very peaceful place with disciplined people. The economy is the reason it seems and prices are very high, even higher than normal. A guy I know who lives there has noted how some businesses have pulled out due to operating costs.

• 2 weeks later...

We’ll be starting our 2015 cruises this month by going on a quick fundraising cruise for the Humane Society aboard Celebrity Constellation. There are 79 people going and we’ve raised over $6,000.00 for the charity so far!

In May we’ll be sailing roundtrip Copenhagen to Northern Europe with a group of family and friends aboard Royal Caribbean’s Serenade of the Seas. All five ports will be new to us – very excited about this!

In November we’ll be sailing the brand new Norwegian Escape to see what she has to offer. Norwegian tends to be very innovative and we’ve really loved the entertainment aboard their three newest ships!

That’s all we have booked to sail in 2015 right now, but living in central Florida it’s easy for us to get to several cruise ports and we’ve also been busy saving up our miles for airfare so we’re ready for any great deals that come along.

We are truly addicted to cruising. So many cruises, so little time!

Home renovations are under way for us, eating up all my cruse funds. So the Royal Princess to the British Isles in August is off for us, but I am hoping that a Disney cruise during Christmas break 2015 will take it's place. In the meantime, I'll be on the Norwegian Cruise this Friday for the weekend. :smile:

Larry...your cruise sounds amazing, especially cruising out of Singapore. My daughter almost moved there for her job, but I'm so glad that she didn't. That's not good to hear about the unrest there and bad economy.

Michael and Amy...how nice to have raised so much for the Humane Society. I have a big heart for the animals. Your Northern Europe cruise sounds wonderful. The Norwegian Escape sounds great. The only NCL ship that I have been on was the "Norway." It was a great ship, but we just happened to be on her when the help was on a strike so they had many new people onboard to help. We loved the ship, and yes, the entertainment was great. Service and food wasn't the best because of the strike, but when we got people to understand what we wanted it went well. Many didn't understand English, and we are not multilingual. We did have a memorable cruise, though, and was sad to hear about the fire, and loss of life, on her a few years back.

Jan...hope you have a wonderful time with your friend on the "Breakaway."

The only NCL ship that I have been on was the "Norway." It was a great ship, but we just happened to be on her when the help was on a strike so they had many new people onboard to help. We loved the ship, and yes, the entertainment was great. Service and food wasn't the best because of the strike, but when we got people to understand what we wanted it went well. Many didn't understand English, and we are not multilingual. We did have a memorable cruise, though, and was sad to hear about the fire, and loss of life, on her a few years back.

Hi Shari! The Norway (originally the France if I remember right) was one of the grand old ocean liners – it’s wonderful that you got to experience her. She was high on our list to sail back when she was in service but it never quite worked out for us.

We have no cruises planned for this yr. However in early 2016 we plan to be on the Sapphire Princess out of Singapore for an 11 day cruise to Brunei, Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand.

That sounds like an awesome itinerary Larry, but 2016 is still a ways off – you might be able to fit in another cruise before then! :biggrin:

I'm planning to cruise on the Rhine River for the Christmas Markets in December.

Also, there's a possibility of an Asian cruise covering at least China (Yangtze) and Korea (Pusan), perhaps more ports if there's enough time and cash.

Hi Ray! We absolutely loved our Christmas Markets river cruise a couple years ago and are hoping to do another one in 2015 or 2016. And a trip to Asia sounds amazing! Keep us posted on your plans!

HOWEVER, my plans have changed because I'm no longer going solo. My cousin is joining me and it's her first cruise, so I am looking forward to showing her the ropes and watching her face light up with happiness. She REALLY needs a vacation at this time in her life. When I added her to the booking I took advantage of a price drop and ended up with a nice upgrade from a 1A to a 4F with no additional fare paid. We leave in less than 2 weeks.

Hi Judy, welcome home! Hope you cruise aboard Carnival Triumph was absolutely fabulous! Please let us know all about it – and especially about your cousin’s reaction. As long-time cruisers it’s always so much fun to see the experience through the eyes of a first-timer!