• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Where will you be cruising in 2015?

Rate this topic

Jan115

We are still in the planning stages of a European river cruise sometime this year. However we took a chance ($5.00) on a 5 night Carnival cruise from Charleston SC and guess what, we won. Not bad for $5.00. We leave next week Jan 13th from Charleston to Nassau. Should be fun. Haven't been to Nassau for some years. It is an inside cabin but who cares. The price is perfect. No need to fly since we are fairly close. (Maryland). It is on the Fantasy which is Carnival's oldest ship but it gets great reviews. Will let you know how it goes.

Hi Tim! How was your Carnival Fantasy cruise? At $5.00 I bet you had the best deal on the ship!

Keep us posted on you river cruise plans. We’ve been on five river cruises so far and absolutely love it! We can’t go on nearly as many as we’d like so we have to live vicariously through other’s planning and reviews! :biggrin:

I haven't been in good enough shape to travel for awhile but am hoping to book something this winter...not sure yet. Would like to go on one of Celebrity's new ships.

Hoping things go well for us this winter and we can go...we really need a cruise vacation!

Shari, you absolutely deserve a cruise – we’re hoping everything works out for you! Have you narrowed down your top choices in hopes that it all comes together?

Thanks Michael and Amy. Thinking it may be a 2016 cruise now...we are helping some family, and a few other issues have come up. My dream, and savings, are for a Mediterranean cruise, with lots of Italy, but I know I'm not in shape for a "busy" cruise like that so we would like to take a Southern Caribbean cruise...we do both prefer Celebrity, but I would also like to try Princess. We haven't booked anything yet, but are hoping to be cruising by 2016.

Yes...the "Norway" was the old "France." Even with the strike and all we are glad we got to sail on her. We really loved the ship. We have been on a few of the older ships and it was a great experience. We took our, then, 13-year old daughter on the "Norway"...her first cruise then, and she loved it...One day we were standing at a railing overlooking the sea and she said to me..."mom, thanks for taking me on this cruise...I love the "Norway." I always remember that. She got to go one one more cruise with us before going off to collage.

Everyone's cruises sound great. I haven't been in good enough shape to travel for awhile but am hoping to book something this winter...not sure yet. Would like to go on one of Celebrity's new ships.

Judy...so nice that your cousin can come with...congrats on the upgrade. I know for sure that you don't have to gain weight on a cruise. I have a weight problem, but the last few cruises I came back with a loss of a pound or so. It is all because of the walking that I did...the ships are really big these days, and between all the walking on the ships, and then in the ports, I didn't gain. Good luck to you...and Bon Voyage...have a great cruise!

Swath...have never been on RC...that should be a fun cruise!

Hoping things go well for us this winter and we can go...we really need a cruise vacation!

Thanks Shari

What level are You with Captain's Club?

If you are Select you WILL Get Benfits on Royal, since it's the same Company

UPDATE:
Two Cruises Booked For April 2015 + September 2015 First time we WILL do 3 Cruises in a Year.

11 Cruises = 10 Royal + 1 Princess 2008 to 2014 |67 Nights At Sea | 71 Cruise Points {2008-2014}

19/APRIL/2015 INDY 6N WESTERN
CAT. {JS} 6x2 = 12 CP
73 NIGHTS AT SEA {EMERALD #2} | 83 CRUISE POINTS {DIAMOND EARNED}
B2B
25/APRIL/2015 LIBERTY 5N WESTERN
CAT. {K} 5 CP 78 NIGHTS AT SEA | 88 CRIUISE POINTS {DIAMOND #1}

6/SEPT/2015 INDY 7N WESTERN CAT.{JS}
7x2 = 14 CP 85 NIGHTS AT SEA | 102 CRUISE POINTS {DIAMOND #2}

92 NIGHTS AT SEA = 85 ROYAL + 7 PRINCESS

Edited by Swath

I'm planning to cruise on the Rhine River for the Christmas Markets in December.

Also, there's a possibility of an Asian cruise covering at least China (Yangtze) and Korea (Pusan), perhaps more ports if there's enough time and cash.

Hi Ray! We absolutely loved our Christmas Markets river cruise a couple years ago and are hoping to do another one in 2015 or 2016. And a trip to Asia sounds amazing! Keep us posted on your plans!

Planning this cruise was a cinch! Jan did all the researching rates and schedules and arranged it all for us - Thanks, Jan!

Swath...congrats on the 3 cruises...it will be a great year for you!

I'm not sure on the Captain's Club with us...my DH has been doing the booking for us for quite a while now. I will have to ask him. We have been on Celebrity 3 times, and two of the cruises were 15-night cruises, and the other was a 7-night cruise.

Ray...congrats on your cruise bookings...they sound fantastic. Hope you do get to do the Asian cruise also.

Swath, congrats on booking 3 cruises for 2015!

Our early Jan 2015 cruise is in the past now and we have not looked yet for a winter 2015 cruise.

We were hoping for better options out of NOLA so at this point we will probably end up cruising out of one of the Florida ports. We may not take a Fall cruise this year. Thinking about a trip to Chicago in Sept to catch a game or two at Wrigley with the Cubs versus our Cardinals.

I'm not sure on the Captain's Club with us...my DH has been doing the booking for us for quite a while now. I will have to ask him. We have been on Celebrity 3 times, and two of the cruises were 15-night cruises, and the other was a 7-night cruise.

Hi Shari Thanks

Under the old program metric any Cruise 12+ nights counts as 2 points so that is 4 points + your other cruise is 5 points so you are Select

Which = Platinum on Royal

Edited by Swath

Ray...congrats on your cruise bookings...they sound fantastic. Hope you do get to do the Asian cruise also.

Swath, congrats on booking 3 cruises for 2015!

Our early Jan 2015 cruise is in the past now and we have not looked yet for a winter 2015 cruise.

We were hoping for better options out of NOLA so at this point we will probably end up cruising out of one of the Florida ports. We may not take a Fall cruise this year. Thinking about a trip to Chicago in Sept to catch a game or two at Wrigley with the Cubs versus our Cardinals.

Thanks Shari & KeithnRita

The 6/Sept/15 My Parents & I booked during the 2014 Year End VOW TO WOW Sale 16/Nov/14 to 31/Dec/2014 so That was Half Price in as JS which would have made us C&A DIAMOND IN 2016. BUT Family in FLA. found 2 cheap cruises in APRIL this Year a 6 Night & 5 Night, so decided to make C&A DIAMOND this year, with a JS and an Interior.

Edited by Swath