• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Excursion issue escalation?

Rate this topic

Hi all,

So I recently made a change to a booking due to early saver, but when I did the Excursion I chose did not translate over, one which is limited in number and is done by Carnival.

I called CS, who provided me the email for shore excursions, but after over a week (and a few check ins), I've not received an email or call back from them. Does anyone know the most proper way to escalate this type of issue? Their website is not helpful at all..

Sorry to hear that. When you changed your booking, was the original booking canceled? If so, the excursion would have canceled as well, with a refund issued, and you would have to re-book your excursion with the new reservation. On the other hand, if your booking is simply a re-fare of the same, then your excursion should remain intact. Keep calling Carnival until someone gives you the answer you're looking for. Good luck!

It shouldn't have been a rebooking but it seems to have been done that way, canceling the original on board credit (and replacing it with the price difference as a credit) as well as the excursion.

Unfortunately I keep going in circles on who to talk to, which is why I was hoping someone may know how best to escalate such issues up the chain there.

Do you have an email receipt or credit card statement you can show them as proof of payment for the excursion? If they haven't refunded you for it, then with proof that you bought the excursion, it would seem that they should be able to reinstate it.

There should be a contact mailing address. If phone calls and emails don't work, I would write a letter and send it certified mail, return receipt requested. You would then have proof that someone received the letter.

YIKES is all I have to say. Sorry.

You may have these contacts already, but if not, try them:

CS: (800)438-6744

Shore Ex Help:

shoreexcursions@carnival.com

or call Guest Care: 800 929-6400

You could also try posting your question on the Carnival Forum page: http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/

Mail:

Carnival Cruise Lines

3655 NW 87th Avenue

Miami, FL 33178

Phone: 888-227-6482

I am not aware of any way for a guest booking directly with Carnival to escalate, other than to ask to speak to a supervisor.

Keep us posted.