• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - A great time in Singapore and SE Asia

Rate this topic

jacketwatch

Thanks for the great review, Larry...so glad you had a nice cruise, and time in the ports. Thanks also for the pictures with information. Singapore looks like a great place to visit. My daughter almost moved there for her job a few years ago...it does look like a nice city, but I'm so glad she didn't go.

Thanks for the great review, Larry...so glad you had a nice cruise, and time in the ports. Thanks also for the pictures with information. Singapore looks like a great place to visit. My daughter almost moved there for her job a few years ago...it does look like a nice city, but I'm so glad she didn't go.

The dau. and her hubby of a friend of ours lived there for a few yrs. and wanted to reside there permanently but even though he was making good money as a lawyer it wasn't enough. They just could not afford it. It is very expensive but also very beautiful. For example if you want a car you first have to get a license just to buy a car. That should be up to 40k GGD or about 29k USD at the current exchange rate. Then if its a new car expect to pay about 2.5 to 3X what we pay here and the cost is not negotiable. Its full sticker. Period. :ohmy:

Thanks for sharing your review Larry, and the links to the hotel, flower garden and restaurant are very helpful. Asia is on my bucket list, and after reading your review, it'll be further up that list!

Thanks for sharing your review Larry, and the links to the hotel, flower garden and restaurant are very helpful. Asia is on my bucket list, and after reading your review, it'll be further up that list!

Jan do see it when you get chance. Its beautiful.

Interesting about the cost of life and cars there, Larry. I'll have to tell my daughter. Thanks for the information. It would have been quite an experience for their family, I know, but as a mom and grandmother, I'm so glad they didn't go. They would have had to stay there for 5 years. At my age, those years count a lot...LOL

Interesting about the cost of life and cars there, Larry. I'll have to tell my daughter. Thanks for the information. It would have been quite an experience for their family, I know, but as a mom and grandmother, I'm so glad they didn't go. They would have had to stay there for 5 years. At my age, those years count a lot...LOL

I get that. My mom was ok with us going but happiest when we were home safe and sound.