• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Video of woman mission NCL Breakaway in Nassau

Rate this topic

jacketwatch

This woman missed the boat literally. She was about 40 mins late, maybe more and the ship was pulling out as she was hurrying to the dock. Her hubby got off to look for her and left their kids on board with his brother to look after them. He took his and his wifes travel docs and apparently NCL was aware of this and they flew back to NYC with some help form NCL or so I read.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/27/stranded-mom-sobs-as-cruise-ship-sails-away-with-her-kids/

Count me on the side of the cruise line on this. The ship waited a half hour longer than it had to, according to the article, and there was still no sign of her. With no idea whether she had an emergency situation, was delayed on a tour, or simply lost track of time, the ship can't be expected to wait forever. It's terribly unfortunate that her husband couldn't get in touch with her to find out what the problem was, and I give the guy credit for having the wherewithal to grab their docs when leaving the ship to wait for her. Fortunately, for the kids, they had relatives on board to watch over them, which maybe was a factor the captain took into consideration in making the decision not to wait.

Regardless, this story is a perfect example of the importance of:

paying close attention to the all-aboard time;

making sure your cell is fully charged when leaving the ship;

taking your government ID and copy of your passport on shore;

taking the port guide everyone gets with the important contact numbers in case of emergency; and

calculating the time needed to return the ship.

Count me on the side of the cruise line on this. The ship waited a half hour longer than it had to, according to the article, and there was still no sign of her. With no idea whether she had an emergency situation, was delayed on a tour, or simply lost track of time, the ship can't be expected to wait forever. It's terribly unfortunate that her husband couldn't get in touch with her to find out what the problem was, and I give the guy credit for having the wherewithal to grab their docs when leaving the ship to wait for her. Fortunately, for the kids, they had relatives on board to watch over them, which maybe was a factor the captain took into consideration in making the decision not to wait.

Regardless, this story is a perfect example of the importance of:

paying close attention to the all-aboard time;

making sure your cell is fully charged when leaving the ship;

taking your government ID and copy of your passport on shore;

taking the port guide everyone gets with the important contact numbers in case of emergency; and

calculating the time needed to return the ship.

I fully agree. This one is on her. Why she was late we don't know and actually this was the lead story on Inside edition yesterday but really its up to her. Her hubby bailed her out and it must have been an "interesting" trip back to NYC. :rolleyes2:

Absolutely, Larry. It would have been divorce court for me, and the kids would disown me, for sure!

I wonder what happened. As she apparently wasn't injured was it traffic, losing track of time, forgetting the all aboard time, thinking the ship would wait anyway or what. Perhaps this is not the first time she has been weird like this, who knows. I mean if its somewhat typical then maybe the hubby is used to it. :tongue:.

I doubt we'll ever know what kept her so long. Whatever the reason, I'm sure the family will keep it under wraps. The boards over on that "OTHER" site have shown no mercy toward her and social media has been equally judgmental. I'm sure they don't want to fuel the flames. Whatever she was doing, I hope it was worth it!

I doubt we'll ever know what kept her so long. Whatever the reason, I'm sure the family will keep it under wraps. The boards over on that "OTHER" site have shown no mercy toward her and social media has been equally judgmental. I'm sure they don't want to fuel the flames. Whatever she was doing, I hope it was worth it!

I saw that too. Its so easy to just be a cyber bully when you arena no danger of getting it back.