A cruise with most or all of its stops spent in a new port each day can be a rewarding and enriching experience. It can also be an exhausting one. I love cruising Europe and being introduced to new scenery and cultures, but I also like my moments to kick back and relax. How does a cruiser enjoy a port-intensive cruise without burning out? Try one of these 5 remedies:
1. Instead of filling an entire day with a worldwind tour, focus on one or two particular attractions, or simply park yourself at a streetside cafe and people watch - even better if it’s an ocean view!
2. Try a half-day tour, especially if you are just looking for an overview of a new destination.
3. Take a late afternoon snooze. It will be just the boost you need to get you through the evenings festivities after a long day in port.
4. Hydrate! Drink plenty of water while out and about to prevent that tired feeling from dragging you down - especially important during the hot, summer months.
5. Go to bed early. Skip the late-night partying if you have an 8:00 am tour in the morning. Your body will thank you!