|# of Nights:|
First of all let me say that this will be a very short review of the Freedom because Donna will be writing an in depth review over the next week or so.
So lets start with the Carnival Freedom's good points-from my point of view anyway!
1. The Main Dining Room food. Simply the best we have eaten on ANY cruise ship including Celebrity. The Lido deck buffets were excellent too.
2. The service. Very, very good particulary in the dining room.
3. The repeat passenger party. Volumes of booze (not watered down) and hot snacks!
4. The cruise director and his staff. They were full of enthausiasm and energy.
5. Our Premium Balcony stateroom (8449) was huge and the balcony was extended.
6. The theater show "Ticket to Ride"-a tribute to the Beatles was fabulous.
7. The price of drinks and souvenirs was most reasonable.
8. The ship was spotless.
Now the not-so-very-good points. Again from my perspective and not necessarily Donna's.
1. Passenger flow on the main decks was cramped with huge pillars in the walkways forcing people to walk in single file.
2. The "Sun King" special restaurant. The young European ladies who were our servers were badly in need of training. They would crowd our table with various courses in a very haphazard way. Spoons set at the wrong angle for usage and my order for filet mignon was either delivered incorrectly or the chef cooked it wrong. Instead of medium well it was medium rare! Not worth the 30$ per person cover charge.
3. The decor did not make any sense as everywhere seemed to clash.
4. Lounge entertainment by and large was rather poor. Why Carnival had a singer adjacent to the casino which was a very busy throughway was hard to understand.
5. The Seaside Theater. Very little choice and nothing much on in the daytime except CNN news in the mornings. I didn't see anyone watching it.
6. For such a big ship the library was tiny with not a lot of books to choose from.
7. The elevators felt small and cramped which may have had something to do with the decor inside them!
That's about it really. I'm sure I've forgotten a ton of stuff but apart from embarkation which wasn't very well organised there's not much else to say. We really enjoyed the cruise which was on a great intenary. The shore excursions were very good and most enjoyable.
Like I said earlier, a much more in depth review will be written by my wife who is very good at these things.