Jump to content
  • We'd love for you to participate.

    Create an account

    Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

July 8, 2007-July 22, 2007

"This cruise was our honeymoon and our very first cruise ever and it was amazing! We loved 15 days in the Eastern and Western Caribbean!"


Sail Date:07/08/2007
Departed From:
# of Nights: 
Cabin Type: 
Sailed As: 


Overall Value:
Overall Rating: 


My husband Nate and I left at midnight directly after our reception and we were dead on our feet. When we arrived on the boat we pretty much passed out the first evening since we had gotten married, gone through the reception, packed, flown, borded the ship, and had been up for 38 hours. Once we got a chance to look around we were in awe. This boat is huge and absolutley wonderful!

Our trip began with Princess Cays. That was a great day of winding down from all the excitement and stress of the wedding. We had a nice peaceful day at the beach. Anyone who loves a good beach would love it here.

We then had a day at sea where we proceeding to learn as much as we could about the boat and found the greatest (in our opinion) spot to hang out and relax on the deck. The back of the ship on decks 16-17 had an awsome view and had this peaceful air about it. This is where we spent alot of time when we were at sea.

Wed July 11th was a funfilled trip to Ocho Rios where we got our first experiences with the tours. We got to explore the caves where escaped slaves hid and climbed the beautiful Dunn's River Falls which was one of my personal favorites. On the downside of Jamaica it was a bit startling to have people walk up and grab you to get your attention or your wallet not sure which. They kinda freaked me out a bit having never really experienced such pushy vendors.

Thursday July 12th we got to see Grand Cayman. My husband and I went to Hell and the turtle farm. He keeps telling people we got married and within a week we had gone to Hell and back. I find this highly amusing! The semi-sub was also a wonderful first time experience.

From there we immediatly arrived at Cozumel on Friday. We never did see the island because we went inland to see Tulum which was an all day excursion but worth it. The Mayan ruins were amazing and the tour guide we had seemed to know his history very well (that or he was a really good storyteller). Either way it was all so interesting if you like historical tours.

On the 14th we had a restful day at sea where we enjoyed wonderful shows which we did every night. Joshua Seth the hypnotist and the comedian Philadelphia were amazing and I highly recommend them. We also met wonderful people that first week. A couple named Ray and Sue sat next to us every evening for our set meal time in the Palm dining room. Unfortunately they only had the week cruise and we had to say goodbye.

The second week was just as amazing as the first week if not better due to the fact we met a couple who helped make the week so much better! We ported in Ft. Luaderdale on Sunday and arrived Saturday at the Princess Cays again for another relaxing beach day.

One nice thing about the cruise was that we got to keep the same room, room stewards, and the waiters for our nightly dining. There we met Amanda and Mike who also had the same dining options for the week. We began talking and discovered that they were from IL also. We began to hang out every night and see the shows that were available together. Nate and I also went to watch Mike in the survivor series that went on onboard which was really enjoyable to watch.

On Tuesday July 17th we enjoyed yet another day relaxing at sea. July 18th was St. Thomas which was awsome. We did a helmet dive which was so much fun. There were so many tours to choose from but this one was enjoyable and a new experience. We also got to explore Coral World while we were there which was very enjoyable.

July 18 was St. Maarten. Nate and I attempted a beginner class of scuba diving which he passed and I did not. It was worth a try but with the rough waves due to not so great weather I struggled a bit more. I have not given up though. We are going to get certified here at home and try again next year.

We then had two days at sea which was nice to give us time to wind down from all the excitement before returning home. The weather was not great this second week compared to the first one, but the second week was more special because we made friends who we will be able to keep in contact with. We enjoyed hanging out with Mike and Amanda and were grateful they had the same flight as us. The wait for our flight was so incredibly long and we would have gone stir crazy if it wasn't for them. I do think the people sitting inbetween us on the plane thought we were all crazy. Oh well thats what makes life fun though! Overall this is one of the best vactaions Nate and I have ever been on and we hope to make a tradition of cruising from now on.

There is SO much more that could have been added, but time and space make including everything impossible. Needless to say we had no desire to get off the boat and return to the "real" world. (Can we do this ride again?)

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...