• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New and Challenging Game Proposal

Rate this topic

Mebert

I have a suggestion for an added "Name The Place Game."

The Moderator can arbitrarily choose a place. The members can ask questions about the place, such as, Is this place in North America? Is this place in the Caribbean? It is an island? Is it a country or city?

Hopefully the place can be related to cruise ships.

The person who guesses the country can send a private e-mail to the Moderator suggesting a new continent, country, state, city, or body of water.

The object of the game is to get closer and closer to the named geographical area until it is named.

Participants can read the questions and answers and post their own questions and answers until the moderator states that someone has identified the country correctly.

I suggested the Moderator choose the name because it is more likely that the Moderator is on the board on a daily basis.

What do you think about this game?

Just to add to the excitement:

The winner can be announced in a new post and given the privilege of submitting the new country to be guessed in a private message to the moderator. There can be more than one game going on simultaneously so that everyone has a chance to play immediately. The winner can go back and guess the geographical location of someone elses contribution.

It can be called "Name the Place I" and "Name the Place II" and so on and so forth.

We'll refine the rules as we go along. So far anything goes.

I'm sure GottaCruz or Jason will read this post and get us started soon.

I'm sorry I have not responded sooner, Mebert, but I've been gone most of the day. I think your idea is great. I would love to do this and I'll be glad to moderate it. One question, though, before we start. What if I'm away for a few hours and members are writing questions?That would be my only concern, unless, maybe a member , like you , and I start it off so that we could both respond and then whoever guesses the place could then pick a new place , which would then give me a new member to moderate the game with. I am usually on the board but I'm just concerned that sometimes I am gone for several hours . I just am concerned about people getting annoyed if I'm not available here and there to answer the questions. Another thought: what if we did this with a member starting out and saying " I'm thinking of a place that is ......... Where am I?". A member might guess it very quickly and then that member could pick another place. Maybe that's what you mean, Mebert?

Hi GottaCruz,

The I'm thinking of a place idea sounds great. How should we start?

It's going to take some patience. The should only be one question per reply. You can answer all of the questions in one reply. Participants have to read all of the questions and replies to get hints for the final answer. For instance if the questions are as follows: Reply 1: Is this place in the Caribbean? Reply 2: Is this place in Europe? Reply 3: Is this place an island?

The reply can be direct such as, This place is in Europe and it is not an island.

A reply can be: Is this place France?

Reply: No.

Is this place Spain?

Reply: Yes

You get to choose the next place.

Mebert, What are we waiting for? :D B) :) Do you want to send me the name of the place to start the game off? Then, we can both answer whatever questions come up. I'll post a new topic called "I'm thinking of a place" after you send it to me and we can go from there. :D :P B) :) :ph34r: