• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Tortolla, British V.I.?

Rate this topic

KeithnRita

We were there a few years ago and did an island tour. It was quite scenic, lots of hills and mountains like St. Thomas. There was a small shopping strip not far from the pier. We bought some local crafts at one of the shops (I forget the name, unfortunately). The main thing I liked about Tortola was that it wasn't as built up as St. Thomas. And, it wasn't crowded.

Next time we go, we will take the tour to Virgin Gorda and the Baths, which I hear was amazing. (We had a toddler with us at the time, which is why we didn't go then.)

We went there on the Triumh several years ago for the first and only time....we weren't too impressed - They were just starting to build a shopping center near the pier and the tourist part of the island was just starting to get developed, so the only kind of shopping within walking distance were some tents that were set up....there wasn't anything to see right near the pier. We had to walk through a dirt field to get to where the tents were set up. Great thing about it was when we went, we were the only ship docked there, so it wasn't crowded at all.

We were staying a ferry ride across from Tortola, on Peter Island, several years back. We enjoyed Tortola, shopping in the craft market, visiting Pusser's Rum shop and store where we had their famous "Painkillers". Tortola, and the BVI in general, have great snorkling and diving. This is the area where "The Deep" was filmed.