• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What's your favorite port of call?

Rate this topic

Jason

My favorite island is definitely Grand Cayman, USVI. The waters are incredibly tropical, with perfectly clear greenish-blue waters. The environment just seems so relaxed and laid back on the island, in all the stores, on the streets, etc.

What's your favorite??

:D :D

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! I was to the Grand Cayman Islands about eight years ago. Very Beautiful! As I has posted I am going on a RCL 5 day cruise Key West, Cozumel and Belize. Looking so foward to it. Would love to hear of your tips you can give a first time cruiser. Thanks Alice

:D One of my favorite ports of call is Vera Cruz. We went into the interior and it's just (simple) beautiful. I saw donkeys running in the wild. Then there were lush mountains with a beautiful waterfall. And last but not least, there was the White Riverwater rafting thru Mango groves. That was one of my favorite times.

I have several...

In the Caribbean, my favorite port of call is Cozumel. There is wonderful shopping (Los Cincos Soles), dining (Pancho's Backyard), and touring.

I also enjoy Bermuda and Barbados for their British feel, as well as for their very nice people.

And then there's Quebec City. Great history, architecture (old and new), and natural beauty.

I've only been on one cruise, but may favorite port of call was Aruba. I loved it that the ship docked only a few steps from the downtown area. (Believe it or not, I love to visit the cities and towns of the ports that I visit.) I also liked having the option of taking the local bus to the major beaches. The bus depot is only a 5 minute walk from the ship.

Even the crew members seemed to leave the ship in droves to head for the beaches. I saw our assistant waitress headed for the beach via the local bus.

Oranjastad is also very colorful with what looks like loads of terra cotta rooves all over the city.

But when I think of it, any port of call is fine with me, as long as I'm on a ship.

Hi Mebert, Aruba is a great place! The only thing I found is being careful of the sun. It makes sense when you look at the Divi Divi tree to see why the hot breezes shear the growth. Also the resort Divi Divi was one of the best. I also think they have a restaurant Which is wall to wall aquarium. I hope if you go you'll have a great time. Happy Sailing! Alice

Hi Mebert, Aruba is a great place! The only thing I found is being careful of the sun. It makes sense when you look at the Divi Divi tree to see why the hot breezes shear the growth. Also the resort Divi Divi was one of the best. I also think they have a restaurant Which is wall to wall aquarium. I hope if you go you'll have a great time. Happy Sailing! Alice

Aruba sounds wonderful, we haven't been there yet, but hopefully we will be able to do a southern caribbean cruise one day ( the airfare is so much).

So far our favorite port was a toss up between Grand Cayman becuase of the incredible water and white sand beach plus we found some awesome snorkling there on our ownand St Marten because we liked that it had a "Dutch " side and a "French" side!