• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Most beautiful Caribbean island?

Rate this topic

DaCruzNut

What is your choice for the most beautiful Caribbean Island? I'm not talking about which is your favorite all-around port, but just the prettiest.

My favorite ports are Mexico(Mayan Coast) and Jamaica, for a number of varied reasons. Jamaica is a beautiful island, but not my #1 pick. St. Thomas was pretty, 15 years ago, but its popularity as a port has changed all that... In fact, whenever we wind up at St. Thomas, I grab the first ferry to St. John.

alt text

My choice for the most beautiful island is St. Lucia. the Pitons are probably the most-photographed single island feature in all of the Caribbean, for ggod reason. The two massive extinct volcanoes, rising out of the sea, are unrivaled. Marigot Bay is one of the prettiest I've seen. The drive-in volcano, waterfall with changing colors, mineral baths, and the entire island, in general, from the rainforest to the mountains, is magnificent.

What's your choice, and why?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought about this one for several minutes and can't come up with an answer. I like too many, and each one has something special about it.

St Thomas is very beautiful away from the port. The views from Mountain Top and Drakes Seat are pretty impressive and I do think that Charlotte Amalie is the prettiest harbour.

Antigua is also a very pretty island with a beautiful beach everywhere you look. Can't leave out Barbados, the Atlantic coast is very dramatic and picturesque. Then again I also like the variety of Puerto Rico.

Great question, but so difficult to answer.

St Lucia is a very pretty island, I agree, but it gets a little barren on the opposite side. The mineral baths are fun, but the smell!!!! :unsure:

One thing I found out is that, if you get away from the pier area and go into the interior of most any of the islands, you will get a treat. My first was Vera Cruz, Mexico---lush green tree covered mountains, natural beauty waterfalls and untouched landscape along the way. We did the same in Cozumel, we rented a car and hit the road and explored off sites, that proved more interesting than the crowded known areas. But, I guess for all around beauty I would say Grand Cayman--(and we saw it in rainy weather). B)

My vote for prettiest is Grenada. The approach is breathtaking, and I enjoyed the beauty of the semi-circular dock area with the mountains in the background. However, it is one of my least favorite places to visit as the people we encountered were extremely pushy. One even followed me into the water at the beach with guitar in hand and demanded money.

St. John is a very close second. The beaches, the natural beauty, etc. -- unbelievable, it's like being in another world.

My vote for prettiest is Grenada. The approach is breathtaking, and I enjoyed the beauty of the semi-circular dock area with the mountains in the background. However, it is one of my least favorite places to visit as the people we encountered were extremely pushy. One even followed me into the water at the beach with guitar in hand and demanded money.

St. John is a very close second. The beaches, the natural beauty, etc. -- unbelievable, it's like being in another world.