• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Help me please!

Rate this topic

Stacie296

Hello there. I am brand new to this forum and am looking for some help. My husband and I are planning to take our first-ever cruise the last week of February. We want to leave out of CA and see the Mexican Riviera. I need ANY advice you can give on the best cruise lines as well as the best deals that are out there. We don't want a "party boat" like I've heard Carnival is ... but we DO want a boat with a lot to do at a great price. Any advice you have would be much appreciated! The budget is tight - but we really need a vacation.

Thanks,

Stacie

Hello there. I am brand new to this forum and am looking for some help. My husband and I are planning to take our first-ever cruise the last week of February. We want to leave out of CA and see the Mexican Riviera. I need ANY advice you can give on the best cruise lines as well as the best deals that are out there. We don't want a "party boat" like I've heard Carnival is ... but we DO want a boat with a lot to do at a great price. Any advice you have would be much appreciated! The budget is tight - but we really need a vacation.

Thanks,

Stacie

:) Any ship you choose you will have a great time. I like Royal Caribbean"The Rhapsody of the Seas, because it's just the right amount of sophistication. It seems to satisfy young and old alike. It also has good discounts without being bargain basement. I like the standard they try to preserve.This is not a small ship, nor is it one the the larger new ones, its somewhere right in the middle. I haven't been on many, but I liked this one well enough to re-book. Hope you find the one that meets your taste and have a wonderful time.. Good Luck.

:) Any ship you choose you will have a great time. I like Royal Caribbean"The Rhapsody of the Seas, because it's just the right amount of sophistication. It seems to satisfy young and old alike. It also has good discounts without being bargain basement. I like the standard they try to preserve.This is not a small ship, nor is it one the the larger new ones, its somewhere right in the middle. I haven't been on many, but I liked this one well enough to re-book. Hope you find the one that meets your taste and have a wonderful time.. Good Luck.

Hi Stacie396,

We cruised the Mexican Riviera On the Carnival Elation. It was a very good cruise and the Elation, although a little glitzy, was a nice ship. What ever cruise line/ship you choose you will be in for a treat. There is no bad cruises, only good, better, and excellent. Don't worry about minor glitches that may or may not occur--just enjoy yourself. Our itinerary was Puerto Vallarta, Matzalan, and Cabo St. Lucas. All were very good. :) :)

Hi Stacie396,

We cruised the Mexican Riviera On the Carnival Elation. It was a very good cruise and the Elation, although a little glitzy, was a nice ship. What ever cruise line/ship you choose you will be in for a treat. There is no bad cruises, only good, better, and excellent. Don't worry about minor glitches that may or may not occur--just enjoy yourself. Our itinerary was Puerto Vallarta, Matzalan, and Cabo St. Lucas. All were very good. :) :)

We've cruised the Mexican Riviera a couple of times on Princess.

The last one was a ten day on Sun Princess.

The seven day cruises have basically the same itineraries, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta.

We love all three, especially Cabo. The Mexican Riviera is nothing like the Caribbean, IMO. The towns are really interesting to walk around with lots to see. It's also pretty inexpensive.

The problem with the seven nighters is that they have a very short season, like October through May. The three and four nighters sail all year round. If you want to stay away from the "booze cruise" crowd, you can sail RCI's Monarch, which appears to have a better reputation than the Carnival Ecstacy.

We've cruised the Mexican Riviera a couple of times on Princess.

The last one was a ten day on Sun Princess.

The seven day cruises have basically the same itineraries, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta.

We love all three, especially Cabo. The Mexican Riviera is nothing like the Caribbean, IMO. The towns are really interesting to walk around with lots to see. It's also pretty inexpensive.

The problem with the seven nighters is that they have a very short season, like October through May. The three and four nighters sail all year round. If you want to stay away from the "booze cruise" crowd, you can sail RCI's Monarch, which appears to have a better reputation than the Carnival Ecstacy.