• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

cruise buddies

Rate this topic

sunnyB

Hi, I have cruised once and loved it (Alaska). However my husband who did really thoroughly enjoy the trip, in general does not like to travel --at all. Is there a place, web site (here?) where there may be others in a similar situation who are willing to share a cabin? I realize that some compatiblity issues would have to be addressed (party girl/non party girl, drinker/non drinker, smoker/non smoker, Bible thumper/non Bible thumper/ early riser/late to bedder etc etc--geez, am I talking myself out of this with all the potential boobytraps?) Anyway the question :unsure: still stands. Are there other "lone cruisers?" :unsure:

Hi, I have cruised once and loved it (Alaska). However my husband who did really thoroughly enjoy the trip, in general does not like to travel --at all. Is there a place, web site (here?) where there may be others in a similar situation who are willing to share a cabin? I realize that some compatiblity issues would have to be addressed (party girl/non party girl, drinker/non drinker, smoker/non smoker, Bible thumper/non Bible thumper/ early riser/late to bedder etc etc--geez, am I talking myself out of this with all the potential boobytraps?) Anyway the question :unsure: still stands. Are there other "lone cruisers?" :unsure:

Hi there are serveral other boards that have " looking for cabin mates" boards. Try Cruise Mates or ######. Many other people are your exact position so don't worry that you're the only one! My mom had a friend who she travelled with, but the friend got sick( M.S) and wasn't able to contemplate a longer Asian cruise my mom wanted to take. So my mom let her travel agent know what she was interested in and the T.A. knew of another lady in a similar position. Viola! They met for coffee, decided they were o.k. with each other and off they went for 3 weeks. They had a good time, they were not in each others pockets, but at least had someone on board to share the cabin costs and have dinner with.They are not best buddies( they had no problems with each other though) and still meet for coffee occasionally so it worked out for them!

Good luck!!!

Hi there are serveral other boards that have " looking for cabin mates" boards. Try Cruise Mates or ######. Many other people are your exact position so don't worry that you're the only one! My mom had a friend who she travelled with, but the friend got sick( M.S) and wasn't able to contemplate a longer Asian cruise my mom wanted to take. So my mom let her travel agent know what she was interested in and the T.A. knew of another lady in a similar position. Viola! They met for coffee, decided they were o.k. with each other and off they went for 3 weeks. They had a good time, they were not in each others pockets, but at least had someone on board to share the cabin costs and have dinner with.They are not best buddies( they had no problems with each other though) and still meet for coffee occasionally so it worked out for them!

Good luck!!!