• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What is a good deal to buy in the ship's store?

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

Hi GottaCruz,

I got some really good accessories like men's belts and ties while on the cruise. If, by some remote chance, one should buy too many souvenirs, Carnival has a wheeled dufflebag that can carry many things.

I'm not sure about the jewelry. Carnival offers some price guarantees if you purchase from their shop and find a lower price on shore and you can prove it.

Carnival also sold unfinished "gold bonded" chains by the inch. The prices seemed low, but then again I'm not an expert on jewelry.

I would say, price some jewelry before you leave for your cruise and get the specs on the pieces. Take that info with you and then you can tell if you're getting a bargain.

When purchasing bargain jewelry, make sure to get certificates of authenticity from the ship or the shops recommended by the ship.

Hi GottaCruz,

I got some really good accessories like men's belts and ties while on the cruise. If, by some remote chance, one should buy too many souvenirs, Carnival has a wheeled dufflebag that can carry many things.

I'm not sure about the jewelry. Carnival offers some price guarantees if you purchase from their shop and find a lower price on shore and you can prove it.

Carnival also sold unfinished "gold bonded" chains by the inch. The prices seemed low, but then again I'm not an expert on jewelry.

I would say, price some jewelry before you leave for your cruise and get the specs on the pieces. Take that info with you and then you can tell if you're getting a bargain.

When purchasing bargain jewelry, make sure to get certificates of authenticity from the ship or the shops recommended by the ship.

Depending on the ports, you can often save money on some liquor and jewelry purchased at the ships' Duty Free shops. Unless you go to St. Maarten (best prices in the Caribbean), or St. Thomas, you can, usually, do as well on the ship and not have to carry bottles all over town...

Just know your prices! That goes for any 'duty free' purchases, on land or on the ship. You don't want to come home and be "surprised" by a lower price at Macy's....

Depending on the ports, you can often save money on some liquor and jewelry purchased at the ships' Duty Free shops. Unless you go to St. Maarten (best prices in the Caribbean), or St. Thomas, you can, usually, do as well on the ship and not have to carry bottles all over town...

Just know your prices! That goes for any 'duty free' purchases, on land or on the ship. You don't want to come home and be "surprised" by a lower price at Macy's....

One thing that I always buy on the ship is a piece of Swarovski crystal. It is the exact same price that I would pay at home but I buy it on the ship for a souvenir for myself. I've even found it to be cheaper on the ship than in the ports.

One thing that I always buy on the ship is a piece of Swarovski crystal. It is the exact same price that I would pay at home but I buy it on the ship for a souvenir for myself. I've even found it to be cheaper on the ship than in the ports.