• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What meal would you add to the menu?

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a person who cares for foods with a lot of the sauce or more upscale ways of making things so I wind up eating a lot of the steaks on a cruise. I would like to see more plain foods on the menu something like ham. I know they have ham for breakfast so one night on the plain part of the menu at night would be nice. JMHO

I am not a person who cares for foods with a lot of the sauce or more upscale ways of making things so I wind up eating a lot of the steaks on a cruise. I would like to see more plain foods on the menu something like ham. I know they have ham for breakfast so one night on the plain part of the menu at night would be nice. JMHO

I used to enjoy the dinners aboard ship more, years ago, when the menus were more "American," and before neauveau cuisine. Somehow, three asparagi on a 14 inch plate with a fancy spray of some white stuff doesn't excite me. I hefty hepling of asparagus, with the busboy asking if you want seconds, from his serving tray of veggies and starches, was more appealing.

"Italian Night" would offer such dishes as veal parmigiana, chicken cacciatore, and other "poplular" Italian dishes, along with "American" steak, and several others.

Dinners have gotten a bit to "hoity-toity...."

Of course, I get a really big laugh out of some of my fellow-passengers, who probably think a big night out for dinner is Bennigan's, or Denny's, complaining that the Creme Brulee was a bit on the runny side.

I used to enjoy the dinners aboard ship more, years ago, when the menus were more "American," and before neauveau cuisine. Somehow, three asparagi on a 14 inch plate with a fancy spray of some white stuff doesn't excite me. I hefty hepling of asparagus, with the busboy asking if you want seconds, from his serving tray of veggies and starches, was more appealing.

"Italian Night" would offer such dishes as veal parmigiana, chicken cacciatore, and other "poplular" Italian dishes, along with "American" steak, and several others.

Of course, I get a really big laugh out of some of my fellow-passengers, who probably think a big night out for dinner is Bennigan's, or Denny's, complaining that the Creme Brulee was a bit on the runny side.