• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Ocean Club Cruises goes bankrupt

Rate this topic

Jason

I have to say that I'm not surprised. I have sailed on Mirage I twice. It was a nice little ship and made for a good weekend get-away. Not bad service and the food was ok. On my second sailing I did notice a big improvement, it seemed like they were getting their act together. Mind you-this ship should never be compared to the big boys out there. IMHO they are losing sales way before anyone gets on the ship...... they were very disorganized in their sales and information. We tried on a few occasions to join their "frequent sailors" club, where if the ship was not fully booked you could sail for port fees alone. This was very interesting to us since we live so close to the port and often enjoy week-end get aways. Anyhow, everytime we called to get the particulars we would get different information on exactly what to do....we asked them to fax info, but they didn't have a fax machine, one person would tell you one price, a different one would tell us a different price..etc...I called another time to get info on a group deal of about 14-16 people, I was put on hold twice, then told someone would call me back (never did) and when I called back no one knew anything about it...frustrating!!.My DH even went up the ladder and spoke to someone supposedly in a managment postions and even got the run-around from him. It's like they didn't want our business... :huh: I just don't get it!

I have to say that I'm not surprised. I have sailed on Mirage I twice. It was a nice little ship and made for a good weekend get-away. Not bad service and the food was ok. On my second sailing I did notice a big improvement, it seemed like they were getting their act together. Mind you-this ship should never be compared to the big boys out there. IMHO they are losing sales way before anyone gets on the ship...... they were very disorganized in their sales and information. We tried on a few occasions to join their "frequent sailors" club, where if the ship was not fully booked you could sail for port fees alone. This was very interesting to us since we live so close to the port and often enjoy week-end get aways. Anyhow, everytime we called to get the particulars we would get different information on exactly what to do....we asked them to fax info, but they didn't have a fax machine, one person would tell you one price, a different one would tell us a different price..etc...I called another time to get info on a group deal of about 14-16 people, I was put on hold twice, then told someone would call me back (never did) and when I called back no one knew anything about it...frustrating!!.My DH even went up the ladder and spoke to someone supposedly in a managment postions and even got the run-around from him. It's like they didn't want our business... :huh: I just don't get it!

Disappointing, though not surprising....

Unfortunately, there is very little chance of competing againt the "Big Four." There are very few exceptions, other than Discovery Cruise Line and Imperil Majesty Cruise Line, and they offer a "unique" product.

Discovery has a one-day over to Grand Baham, from Ft. lauderdale, Florida, with a "stay-over" option. It isn't a true "cruise."

Imperial Majesty has ventured into the two-nght cruise market, offering something no other line does.

About 10-12 years ago, when there were numerous cruise lines, Cruise Travel Magazine predicted that, within 15 years, there would only be three cruise lines.

Princess and Carnival would be two, and either Royal Caribbean or NCL would be the third.......

Unfortunately, there is very little chance of competing againt the "Big Four." There are very few exceptions, other than Discovery Cruise Line and Imperil Majesty Cruise Line, and they offer a "unique" product.

Discovery has a one-day over to Grand Baham, from Ft. lauderdale, Florida, with a "stay-over" option. It isn't a true "cruise."

Imperial Majesty has ventured into the two-nght cruise market, offering something no other line does.

About 10-12 years ago, when there were numerous cruise lines, Cruise Travel Magazine predicted that, within 15 years, there would only be three cruise lines.

Princess and Carnival would be two, and either Royal Caribbean or NCL would be the third.......