• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

"Virtual Cruise...."

Rate this topic

DaCruzNut

I thought it would be fun to create a "perfect" cruise aboard an imaginary ship. Starting with embarkation, and going through seven days and nights of fun!

Our cruise is set in the Caribbean, and leaves from the Dante B. Fascell Port of Miami. Yes, that is really it's official name.

Now, we want to keep the crusie as true-to-life as we can, so let's make use of concepts that actually exist. Fine, if we want to go rock-climbing, or ice skating, on the ship, but no roller coasters or such...

I'll begin, and you continue..........

alt text

It was a beautiful Saturday morning, as I put the bags into the car and began the forty-minute drive to the Port of Miami. Made sure everything was in order, had my docs, and put an "Arrow" CD into the player. Nothing like a little Soca to get you ready. According to the dashboard clock, it was 10:30 am. Right on schedule.

The drive to the Port was uneventful, except for the sound of my heart beating louder, and faster, the closer I got. I don't care how many cruises you've been on, each one is almost as esciting as the first.

Off SR 836, onto Biscayne Boulevard and left, past Bayside, onto Port Boulevard. Up, and across the bridge to Dodge Island..... I could see the ships, all lined up, in the bright, morning, Miami sun. By now, I thought you could actually see my heart popping in and out, right through my shirt.

I had arrived early, before the rush, so the Security Checkpoint was nearly empty, and I zipped though.

Drove up to the baggage drop-off, and the Porter grabbed my bags.

Then, off to park the car.

The walk from the parking lot to the check-in was probably less than a block; but, it seemed like it was miles, and took forever. In actualy, about five minutes.

The lines, at check-in, were no problem and, within 20 minutes, I was working my way onto the ship.

Across the "magic threshold," and onto the s/s CruiseCrazie, where my week-long adventure was about to begin....... :huh: ....to be continued.... :huh:

As we stepped through the threshold we had our picture taken - wish I had a chance to freshen up after the long flight - oh well. Since I had been checking and rechecking the ship layout from home we knew pretty much where our cabin was located. So off we went to drop off our carryons. Once in our room we opened and shut all the cabinets and drawers(storage seems good) layed on the bed (it's a rule),we changed out clothes and made our way up to the buffet. We got our trays and loaded them with food and made our way to a window table.............

staring out the window at the beautiful blue sky, I could just tell, it was going to be a fabulous cruise. The food was great! We finished eating, and with much excitement, we toured the ship. We checked out the dining room, and many of the lounges, taking pictures along the way. The taste of those first sail-away drinks were on our minds, so we headed for the pool bar..........

Wow! What luck!

I know it's only a seven-night cruise, and it's important to meet fellow passengers as quickly as possible. That's why the Singles Bon Voyage Party is sheduled right after you sail away....very early in the cruise.

alt text

But, to meet someone in the Atrium, just as you're getting on to the ship; well, that's real luck!

alt text

Sounds fine to me....

So, to continue....

This early in the cruise, it was no problem finding two lounges at the pool bar. The island band was already playing, "Ragga, Ragga, Ragga.......Hot, Hot, Hot......No Woman, No Cry...." Bar Waiters danced around the Lido Deck with trays full of colorful drinks, with little umbrellas, in tulip shaped glasses with the ship's logo. Some carried the trays in the conventional way, but quite a few balanced them on their heads.

"What kind of drinks are those?" I asked.

"Why, mon, dese be frozen 'tingees...Bahama Mama, Pina Colda, Strawberry Dacquiri and Miami Vice.

Two drinks in hand, and the first dent on my Sign & Sail Card, I headed back to the lounge chairs....

We sat , drank and shared info about where we are from, our past cruises and what we were most looking forward to on this particular cruise. The ocean breeze was delightful and the sun was warm and soothing. My new friend started to tell me how exciting it would be if we