• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

'Identify This Picture' - Game 7

Rate this topic

Jason

Here's part 7 of our Identify This Picture Game...

For our new members, why not give it a shot, we'd love to get you involved in our continuous games here at CruiseCrazies.

How to play this game: I post a photo of a certain part/deck/room of a cruise ship, taken from the cruise line's website. The first member to identify which ship the picture is taken on, the name of the deck/room in the photo, and the cruise line wins!!

alt text

Let's see who'll win this one!...

Look, everyone, I'm telling you!

alt textalt text

It's the laundromat aboard the U.S.S. Independence!!

The round tubs are for shirts, underwear, etc; and the big square one is for the uniforms!

The fifth Independence (CVA-62) was commissioned 10 January 1959. She responded to the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis and blockade of Cuba. In 1964 Independence was the first Atlantic Fleet carrier to deploy to the South China Sea in support of Vietnam operations. Sailors aboard were always able to have clean uniforms, as the ship contained a unique outdoor laundromat, with two large, round, washtubs and one rectangular one. The Operation Urgent Fury, action to liberate the Caribbean nation of Grenada.

Dan-

I think you may be right!

When I was searching around, I found several views of the QE2 spas and picked the one I did because it fit my little "blurb." I really thought the original was the QE2, also....

These are some of the others...

alt text

alt text

alt text