• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cameras

Rate this topic

Just a thought it might be interesting to find out what kind of cameras everyone uses and how they like it.

I have an Olympus C-750 digital. It has 10x zoom which is fabulousd, also can take a 20 minute movie clip, also does panarama. Some very important features when cruisin' I am still learning about it. It also has a nite mode I have been experimenting with. STill learning all the ins and outs but I love it. This was a step up from my orignal Olympus D-100 digital which was entry level. Don't think I would ever go back to film again, this is to convenient.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a Nikon 5700. It's 5MP and has an 8x optical zoom. I also have the telephoto lens attachment that takes it up to 12x. Like you, I would never go back to film.

When you say it takes "panorama", do you mean that you take two or three photos and then stitch them together? We've just got back from a cruise and I used the stitch feature a lot, makes for great views.

This will be our first trip (a cruise, naturally) that I am taking my digital camera, a Sony 5 MP with a zoom. (I don't know all the particulars, but it works great). Does anybody have any tips on using a digital on a cruise? I'll probably need to charge it in the room one of the nights (it's an 11 day cruise and a 15 day trip). How much memory do you think you need to have? I have a 128 memory chip, but wonder if I need a bigger one.

Love, Elena :cool:

I just got the new digital Olympus C-765. It has a 10X zoom and panoramic capabilities. I don't know how to use everything on the camera yet, but I will by the time we go on our Alaska cruise next month.

I was using another Olympus digital camera, but I don't remember the number. I, also, will never go back to film cameras.

Howard :smiley:

JBond ,

Yes , that's right you take a series of pics and then stitch them together. Have to learn more before cruise in December. So is a great teacher when he is in the mood .LOL

How much memory did you use for your cruise. I have a 512, a 256 and the 16 mb that came with it.. Had to buy the 512 to be able to do movie clips.

We use a JVC Digital Video Camera GR-DVP3 - Mini DV &Digital Still. http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL026270&page=3

It has a 128 SD memory card that will hold about 400 - 1024 X 768 photos--if no video clips are added. It will take an hours worth of digital video film in the high quality mode. We bought it in St. Thomas 3 years ago. It does very well in daylight, however, at night or low light it is so small that it is hard to hold it steady for high quality photos. We just bought a small table top tripod--that should help. The main reason we bought the camera is the cpmpact size. :wink: :wink:

Hi April,

I have two 256MB, three 128 and the 16 MB that came with the camera. I shoot at max MP's, 5MP, and at "normal" quality. That gives me about 200 images for a 256 MB card. I have not used the camera for movie clips.

I shot about 480 pictures on our last trip. Shooting at max MP and normal quality, I can make 36X24 prints that are undistinguishable from film.

I have sent Jason a "stitch" as an example of the panoramas that you can take with digital. I hope that he will post it to share with everyone.

I have a Kodak DX6440 Easy Share, it is so easy to use and I have a 256 SD card.

I might pick up another card before I go just to make sure I have enough.

We were at a wedding last weekend and my daughter left it on inbetween shots, the battery ran out after 3 hours, so I picked up more rechargable batteries.

Michelle