• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

cruise envy - sort of

Rate this topic

Tamara

Living in Vancouver, I often see the cruise ships moored downtown, which is what got me interested in an Alaskan cruise in the first place many years ago.

This morning I was meeting a friend near the cruise ship pier and I was a bit early so took a walk around Canada Place. The Oosterdam and the Coral Princess were docked there. The Coral Princess is huge, row upon row of verandah cabins. The whole ship looks like a piece of blue glass.

It's been several weeks since I fulfilled my dream of an Alaskan cruise, departing from the same place where I strolled this morning. It was a beautiful, sunny Vancouver day today and I was content to be staying in town and enjoying my city. Still, I couldn't help but think of the adventures in store for all the lucky folks that would be boarding those ships.

Saw lots of "cruise ship people" in town. Not quite sure how tourists are so easy to pick out, besides the sneakers and khaki shorts, the city maps are usually a good clue. One woman stopped me to ask where the best shopping is downtown and what she should make sure to see. She had a list a mile long. It was a bit of fun to help her with that.

So, seeing the ships all the time is a constant, delightful reminder of my last trip (and maybe a future one).

Your lucky to live in such a beautiful place. I think I'd loose my mind being that close to a ship and not being on it. You can tell I'm a true cruisecrazie! LOL

We all have cruise envy Tamara. Might be time for you to book another cruise maybe in winter.......caribbean......warm sun........aaaaahhhh! LOL