• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Dining with the Captian

Rate this topic

zima

Has anyone been invited to Dine with the captain or at the Captains table? If so - how did this happen. I would LOVE to do this just once. Well, actually, I'd love to arrange it for my husband. He did so much for me last year and has gone through a lot. I would love to surprise him on our Summit cruise by being invited to the captain's table. He would get SUCH a kick out of it and it would be a great surprise. Does anyone know how I could do this?

Karen,

There is no way to "arrange" dining with the Captain. Normally, the Social Hostess makes the decisions as to who will dine with him.

We have dined with several of them over the years, how we were selected is tough to say. I do know that it has nothing to do with cabin type.

My recommendation would be to be very personable with crew members such as the Cruise Director and particularly the Social Hostess and/or Captain's Club Rep. But, this is NOT something you ask for, it just happens either verbally and/or by invitation delivered to your stateroom.

On one cruise aboard the Majesty of the Seas our entire table was invited to dine with the Captain because he liked "fun" people and our table seemed to be having a heck of a lot of fun even though we had never met before the cruise.

Good luck,