• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Frances - Hurry up and get this over with already!

Rate this topic

This is absolutely rediculous! As if she couldn't be moving any slower last night towards us Floridians going 9 MPH, now she's going a measly 4 miles per hour!!! Yes, you heard right...FOUR miles per hour! I've never before heard of a hurricane moving so slowly before!

We've been told to stay indoors all day today because of the squalls which never came, then they said tonight make sure you're indoors. And it's still BEAUTIFUL weather here in Hollywood, Florida, besides the ocassional sunshower and few dark clouds. Now they're saying it will strike late tomorrow afternoon, but that may be pushed off now that she slowed down so much.

Yesterday afternoon we put up all the shutters, moved everything inside, stocked up on supplies, and we've been waiting....waiting...and waiting more. Looks like we're going to be waiting for quite some time.

Hurry up Frances, let's get this over with already! Do your thing and get outta here!

sailingrose,

We're also getting a little stir crazy just sitting here waiting but just hang in there. Just don't leave shelter or take any chances. It will be over soon . Hugs , Cheryl

I know what you mean. Here in Miami, it was super sunny yesterday all day and they asked everyone to stay indoors. Everything was closed except for the Supermarkets, lumber stores, and gas stations. My uncle opened up his Cuban restaurant until 4:00 p.m. and it was super full all day long because all restaurants including fast food restaurants were closed.

Hey, "g-33", let me know when your uncle re-opens, and get me the address of the restaurant. After being stuck in the house, and eating my own cooking,

alt textalt text

I could go for a nice Pan con Lechon and a can of Materva! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Still hanging in there for now. We've had several tornado threats but thank god now have touched down by us. The wind is really ripping here in Central Florida but doesn't compare to those south of us. The devistation is awful.

Wish this storm would move it but now they are saying all clear maybe by Monday morning........the waiting is very nerve wracking.

Hope all you south Florida people are hanging in. I hear your having a rough ride also. Rose

Right now it's really windy and raining but I'm just so grateful that we still have our electricity. I'm just focusing on the end of this thing and trying to keep busy . The good thing is that we're getting to spend all this time with Jason, since he had to come home from college in Orlando and spending quality time with my mom who had to evacuate on Wednesday and has been with us since. Just trying to stay positive . Stay safe, fellow Floridians. We'll all be OK. Hugs .