• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

First time cruise- back of the boat.

Rate this topic

hardbodywannabe

Hello to all,

My wife and I will be going on our first cruise next year. We have a booking on the Carnival Victory Upper Deck Level. My question is our room is one of the 8 rooms on the back of the boat. It is the second room in on the right side of the ship. Should we be concerend about being in the back :huh: If so I may speak with our agent about another room.

Still very much looking forward to the cruise.

Hi hardbodywannabe,

Welcome to CruiseCrazies. This is a great board. Write often.

What exactly are you worried about by being all the way at the back of the boat. If you're worried about the movement and sea sickness, well you should have no problems on the Carnival Victory. This is a very large ship and unless you hit a bad storm, you will feel minimal movement. Because of the size of the ship, it may take you a little while to get to things all the way forward, but it will help work off some calories from the food. :grin: The main thing thast people worry about is usually the privacy on the rear balconies. I never was in one of those rooms, so I can't really say. I'm sure that someone will know.

There are many people who will not cruise unless they have a rear cabin. I never had one, but I think that on our next cruise, We will book one. :wink:

Howard

hardbodywannabe, Welcome to CruiseCrazies. We're so glad to have you aboard and hope to get to know you. Please feel free to ask any and all questions you may have . alt text Please feel free to post your cruise date to our CruiseCrazies calendar. :cool:

Thank you all for you responses and encouragement.

2 more questions.

1. How do I add my cruise date to the Calendar.

2. What does it mean when folks have statements under there sign in name like Oceanview **** I notice mine says something like Interior Stateroom. How do I change it if I am in a different cabin category? Ooops...that would be 3 questions. :cheesy:

The more you post the better the "accomodations". You have an inside cabin because you are a new poster.

We asked for and had an aft cabin on Carnival Legend and enjoyed watching the wake as we sailed. No vibration.

Welcome to CruiseCrazies!

1. To add a cruise date to the calendar, go here:

http://www.cruisecrazies.com/forms/form2.php

2. As JohnG said, the more you post, the better your cabin accommodation becomes. For the complete details, check out the following message:

[url=http://www.cruisecrazies.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12]http://www.cruisecrazies.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12

Once again, welcome to CruiseCrazies! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask! I hope to see you posting often

Welcome aboard, hardbodywannabe!

You may feel a little more movement at the aft of the ship, but it shouldn't be anything significant. The Victory is a large ship. As Howard said, many people request the aft cabins.

Do you have an inside or a balcony? I was looking at the ship's profile on cruisestateroom.com, and if you have a balcony on the starboard side, second one in...that would be great! The inside should be fine, also, unless you tend to be claustrophobic.

I was on the Zenith's inaugural cruise. Our cabin was at the aft of the ship. We had an oceanview, second cabin in, on the starboard(right)side. I did feel extra movement on that ship, but, it is half the size of the Victory, and we had some rough seas for a few hours.

When we were on the Infinity, we could hardly tell we were on a ship. The Infinity is around 92,000 GRT, and the Victory is around 101,000 GRT. It was a smooth ride, and we were all the way forward, which some people are concerned with, also.

You should be fine, but if you think you would have a problem with seasickness, you can ask for a cabin more mid-ship.