• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Western Carribbean Excursions?

Rate this topic

Luv2Humor

Hello,

My husband and I are planning a cruise on the Carnival Glory (7-days) in February, 2005. This is our first cruise and we could use some help. Our trip includes port stops in Key West, Belize, Cozumel and Merida. We're interested in most activities such as biking, sight seeing, swimming, snorkling, cave tubing, kayaking, etc. Sure could use some advice as to positive excursion experiences. Also, what does approximately $, $$, $$$, $$$$ equate to in cost/charge? Thanks for the helpful advice. It's appreciated.

Hello and welcome to cruisecrazies. We were on the Glory in the spring - you are going to love it. It was our first as well - but be warned - it is so addictive lol. We just wandered around Key West on our own - lots to see just strolling around town and there were places to rent bikes. In Belize we did the Baboon Sanctuary excursion. We saw a whole family of howler monkeys, including little babies. We also got to see a lot of the country - very poor but colourful. Most people seem to really enjoy the cave tubing in Belize. There are lots of shops right at the dock area where you get dropped of - tender port. In Cozumel we did the Dolphin Discovery and it was wonderful - a once in a lifetime experience. But you can just catch a cab to Chakanaab park and snorkle on your own - about $6 fare and $12 to enter the park. The prices on the CCL website are - $ = up to $50. $$ = up to $100 and so on. If you e-mail them they will actually send you the prices. If you have any questions about the ship just ask - and enjoy your cruise. TTFN Jennifer

Hazelson,

Thank you for replying to my question. Your kind sharing of experiences while visiting the ports in question are helpful. Also, thanks for directing me to the CCL web site for direct help with excursion costs. In previously checking out their web site, I apparently missed this information. I'm glad to hear you're first experience on the Glory was wonderful. Thanks again for responding to my question! Sure glad I'm a part of CruiseCrazies. I'll be posting more questions in the near future and will gladly welcome your help and input. Take Care Hazelson :-)

Luv2Humor,

Welcome aboard, Luv2Humor. We're so glad to have you here with us and it's great to see you posting. Please don't hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have. We have a very friendly and knowledgeable membership that enjoys being helpful to all. I hope to see you posting often and I hope to get to know you. Cherylalt text

There's a park on Cozumel called Chankanaab Park that's a short, $6.00, taxi ride from the dock. I believe admission to the park is $12.00 p.p.

The park is on the shore of the Gulf of Mexico, and surrounds a large lagoon. A path around the lagoon has overlooks, where you can view tropical reef fish.

Within the park is an archeological area. A path winds through the thick foliage and, along the pathway, are large artifacts of the Maya, Olmec, Aztec, etc; There’s a small recreated Mayan village and museum.

There is, also, a beach area. While the beach, itself, is not particularly great, the snorkeling just offshore is! The reef come almost to the shoreline, and is easily accessable. You can rent snorkel, and dive, gear on the beach. Snorkeling equipment rental is $6.00.

alt text

The park has several optional attractions, such as Swim-With-The-Dolphins.

It’s one of my favorites!