• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Princess Question

Rate this topic

Jaxson

I sailed on the Grand Princess in April and enjoyed a late night swim as then the pools were open 24/7. Have just read somewhere that a recent cruiser said on the Caribbean Princess closed the pools at midnight because of a rowdy children problem.Does anyone know if this will stay as a new policy or might they change it back eventually?Sailing in June 2006 and look forward to relaxing before bed with a late soak!

That might be something that was limited to the CP on that particular sailing. On my 5 Princess cruises, the pools and hot tubs have been open 24/7 except when closed for maintenance.

It seems to me from what I have read that the CP has more children on it than other ships in the fleet.................and that may be why the pools were closed (especially if there were problems on that particular sailing; because the Captain decided it was needed. Also, the CP has Movies Under the Stars and one of the pool areas is closed in the evening so this can happen....imagine trying to watch a movie when kids (people) are in the pool making noise!

This is a huge topic about the Caribbean Princess. Right now the pools on the CP are NOT open 24 hours. Hopefully that will change since school is in session and there will be fewer children onboard.

We sailed on the CP two weeks ago and I can understand Princess doing this on this ship, there are A LOT of kids onboard, at least during the summer months and since there are no life guards and it is harder to keep watch in the evening, they don't want anything happening to the kids.