• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Luggage Size or Restrictions

Rate this topic

Luv2Humor

Hello All,

Is there a restriction regarding luggage size when boarding the Carnival Glory? This will be my first cruise experience (2005-February) and I'm wondering if there is a luggage restriction size. I believe luggage size has restrictions when traveling via air out of the country, but I'm simply not sure when taking a vacation by boat. Thanks a lot for any help offered. It's much appreciated! (Just don't want to forget anything for my first, exciting cruise!)

No restriction on the size of luggage on cruises. Just remember, the luggage gets stored in your cabin. If you don't want to be tripping over a suitcase all through your cruise, make sure that you can store it out of the way.

Howard

The length + width + depth of any luggage must be no more than 62 inches to be accepted a luggage on US airlines even within the US. Over 80 lbs will cost extra. There are no such restrictions for boarding the ship.

Good advice by Howard and John. No restrictions on the ship, but there are if you are flying. I think our last flight had a restriction of 50 lbs. I think they can all vary a bit. If you are flying, you can check out the airline's website, and it should give you any restrictions.

That's true. If you want to carry on your own luggage, it has to be able to fit through the x ray machine. When we do the 4 day cruises, sometimes we wheel on our own luggage . We each take one of the small ones on wheels along with a tote bag and it works fine for us. This way we can do the express debarkation when we arrive home Monday morning and hubby is anxious to get to the office.