• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Orleans Hotels

Rate this topic

paljoeysmom

I would defineltly reccommend Priceline .com in New Orleans for Hotels....We have used Priceline twice, once for the Garden District, The Sheraton, 4 star, for $50.00 for the night...that was a homerun, that was back in Dec 2004.....Then in March, we still got a good rate $80.00 for the Convention Center District (100 yards from the ship) for a 3 1/2 star...Marriott Courtyard...March was more expensive because of Madi Gras season....For our upcoming 14 day (2 back to back) N.O. on the Dream in Nov 2004, we are staying in the N.O. airport area....$50.00 per night...the airport area is less expensive...everyone wants to stay downtown....We also got for $50.00 per night, at Bostons Logan Airport, 4 star hotel, Hyatt Harborside....another homerun...

By the way..... enjoy the Dream....I like this ship...keep in mind it's a little older...doesn't have the bells and whistles that the new ships have...but I like it...New Orleans is a lot of fun....I;ve been on it twice...if you want any more hints or suggestions let me know...

One last thing....ship begins boarding at noon....we strategically arrive at the ship/port at 2:30pm, by that time the long lines and the mob of people have already boarded...the person I travel with can't stand for long periods of time, and she has never had to wait....waiting to go to the port at 2:30pm is perfect...you;ll arrive, checkin and walk on the ship....

Best of luck

NHL1089:

Thank you so much for all of the 411 and ideas regarding Priceline. I have never used it. I heard that you don't know what hotel you are bidding on. Can you send me some pointers/tips privately @ ksiggins@faroudja.com? I would be ever so grateful!

Regarding the Dream. We were on her in 1993 when she was a tad less than a year old. We took her to Bermuda where she almost run aground on a sand bar coming through the channel.

We have been on lots of ships that were new. Next up is the BRAND NEW Sapphire Princess in 2 weeks. We splurged and got a mini-suite. We have

never sailed on a ship as old as the Dream is now. However I as I recall I loved the mural in the Terraced Dining room.

We wanted to sail of out N.O. since we had never been there, and the Dream had such a wonderful itinerary for snorkeling that I couldn't resist.

Please write a trip report and post when you get back. I want to hear it all the good, the bad and the ugly. :huh: