• Welcome Guest, Sign Up to Remove This Message!

As a member you'll be able to:

• Create a profile
    • Join the discussions
    • Create Blogs and Groups
    • Upload your cruise photos
    • Connect with other cruisers
    • Lots more

Join Today - It's FREE!

Sign in to follow this  
DaCruzNut

Just checking in......

Rate this topic

I can't stay long, but wanted to check-in!

I have just been through a "computer nightmare!!!"

alt text

For the past few weeks, I have been having some problems with Internet Explorer popping up on my screen, etc; For the most part, it was an inconvenience.

then, yesterday, IE struck with a vengeance!!! I got an IE pop-up and tried to "x" it; big mistake! The pop-up began cascading, and replicatieng, and a zillion of them filled my screen! they wouldn't stop. i t was like they were screaming, "Ignore me? try to "x" me? No way, buddy, I'm getting even...."

All I could do was to shut down and restart. Everything seemed normal, at first; little windows popped up; my wallpapre appeared; etc;

Then, I tried to log on to AOL, and all H*ll broke loose....

To make a VERY long story short, I spent a total of 7+ hours on the phone with AOL and H-P, trying to remedy the problem. The ultimate solution was to do a total system restoration, by doing a System Recovery. This wiped out all of wy files, documents, and such, and took my computer back to it's infancy, when it knew nothing.... It will take me forever to get everything back! I even lost "word," and all my gifs!

Anyway, it worked and I'm back on line. However, I lost the whole day, and have lots to do before I go out, tonight.

So, if I'm not on the board for a little while, I'm sorry.... I'll try to get back late tomorrow.

Meanwhile, will somebody please post some corny, or silly, remarks in order that I'm not missed too much?

I'm sorry that you went through all of that.

I purchased a new computer 3 weeks ago. It took me 4 days and speaking with 7 technicians to finally be able to get connected to the internet. I had to change the password because when I purchased the other computer 6 years ago I chose a 4 character password and now bellsouth requires 6 or more characters. I couldn't get connected because the technician wrote the password incorrectly. Then since I'm changing from dial up to DSL they kept on giving me the incorrect directions on how to connect it.

Jeff I"ll see if I can find some old Rodney Dangerfield or Henny Youngman lines to pick up the slack. LOL. Sounds like one of those days when you would have been better of staying in bed - under the covers with the dog lol. TTFN Jennifer

Jeff...what a nightmare!! I wouldn't even know what to do if all that happened to me. Good thing my DH does! Take care, and hurry back to your friends!!

Hazelson-

YOU need to find bad jokes for ME???????

I thought I had enough to last the rest of my life!.................. :grin: :grin: :grin:

alt text

I'd commit suicide, if I could do it without killing myself.

Getting on a plane, I told the ticket lady, "Send one of my bags to New York, send one to Los Angeles, and send one to Miami."

She said, "We can't do that !"

I told her, "You did it last week !"

My wife and I got remarried. Our divorce didn't work out.

Some people play a horse to win, some to place. I should have bet this horse to live.

I made a killing in the stock market. I shot my broker.

There were three kids in my family. One of each sex.

My wife has a keen sense of humor. The more I humor her, the better.

He's an agent now. He must know talent. He gave up acting.

Most girls are attracted to the simple things in life. Like men.

I'll never forget my first words in the theatre. "Peanuts. Popcorn."

He had a defect, which to a comic might be fatal. He wasn't funny.

I was so ugly when I was born, the doctor slapped my mother.

"Fellow walks into a doctor.

Doctor says, 'You're gonna live to be 80.'

Fellow says, 'I am 80.'

Doctor says, 'What did I tell you?'

A doctor has a stethoscope up to a man's chest. The man asks, "Doc, how do I stand ?"

The doctor says, "That's what puzzles me !"

The Doctor called Mrs. Cohen saying "Mrs. Cohen, your check came back."

Mrs. Cohen answered: "So did my arthritis !"

The food on the plane was fit for a king.

"Here, King !"

The doctor says to the patient, "Take your clothes off and stick your tongue out the window."

"What will that do ?" asks the patient.

The doctor says, "I'm mad at my neighbor !"

"Doctor, my leg hurts. What can I do ?"

The doctor says, "Limp !"

Doctor says to a man, "You're pregnant !"

The man says, "How does a man get pregnant ?"

The doctor says, "The usual way, a little wine, a little dinner..."

A man goes to a psychiatrist "Nobody listens to me !"

The doctor says, "Next !"

"Doctor, I have a ringing in my ears."

"Don't answer !"

Nurse: "Doctor, the man you just gave a clean bill of health to dropped dead right as he was leaving the office."

Doctor: "Turn him around, make it look like he was walking in."

I know a guy who had his doctor say: "Take some weight off, go to a health club."

The man lost 20 pounds in one week.

The machine tore his leg off !

Another drunk goes up to a parking meter, puts in a quarter, the dial goes to 60.

The drunk says, "Huh. I lost 100 pounds !"

I was just in London - there is a 6 hour time difference. I'm still confused.

When I go to dinner, I feel sexy. When I go to bed, I feel hungry.

"A guy calls his lawyer. He says, `Can I ask you two questions?'

Lawyer says, `What's the second one?' "

"This guy asked his doctor, `Will I be able to play the piano after my operation?' And the doctor says `Sure.' And the guy says, `Funny, I couldn't do it before.' "

"Two guys in a gym, one putting on a girdle. One guys says, `Since when have you been wearing a girdle?' Other guy says, `Since my wife found it in the glove compartment of our car.' "

"My doctor told me I was fat. I said I wanted a second opinion. He said, `OK, you're ugly, too.' "

Sorry to hear your computer was attacked. I'm having trouble lately too. Do you know if it was a script Error???? Mine is from valuead.com.......It's making us nuts!

Hope you repair soon.

Oh, wow! The old C-64, and some of my favorite games!!!!

alt textalt textalt textalt text

One of the things that helped get me through the 4 days of no power, after Frances, was my Game Boy SP and the new cartridge I got, which has about 50 of the old Activision games....