• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Things to Take On Your Cruise

Rate this topic

TheSkipper

Of course we all know duct tape is a must for a cruise, as well as a Swiss Army knife and a travel clock, but this time I took some things we had never taken before.

The first was a rubber shower floor mat, will make you feel more secure on that slick floor.

Second, I took a very small LCD night light which I kept plugged into the outlet at the desk. Was just a dull glow, but enough light to find your way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Third, for the first time we took a very small can of powerful air freshener. In a small shipboard bathroom it is a MUST.

This time we also took a dual time zone travel clock so we always knew what time it was back home. Got it as a gift for my birthday and I really like it. It is made by Sharper Image.

For our next cruise in December I am going to buy some TSA locks for our luggage. Hate those cable ties!

Along the same idea, Keith. My camcorder can be charged with 220V, so I have a Europen plug adapter and use the 220 outlet in most cabins which normally goes unused by Americans.

I also bought a new digital camera, a very tiny Minolta with a very small but powerful battery. Then I bought two extra batteries which are about the size of a stick of chewing gum. More than enough power for hundreds of pics, so I leave my charger at home.