• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
GottaCruz

South Floridians are frantic again

Rate this topic

I just can't believe this- again. The panic here is horrible. Everyone is frantically shopping for hurricane supplies again . Many of my neighbors had just taken down their hurricane shutters and now have to put them up again. Thank God we left ours up. The gas lines are long . Just please pray that we don't get hit. It sounds like it will affect us Saturday afternoon through Sunday. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah, we're real sick of this now. We live right between Daytona Beach and Orlando. Charley hit us, Frances hit us and now I guess Jeanne will, too. Our son has already lost 13 days of school because of the first two hurricanes; I have no idea how they will make up all of this time. We lost power for 4 days because of Charley and for 5 days because of Frances; the thought of no a.c. again is driving me nuts. And we just keep wondering how much blowing around our fence and our house can take. On top of all of this, my family is dealing with just losing my dad on August 31st, passing away because of 2 strokes he had in June. We've just about had it.

Good luck to everyone in the path of Jeanne.

Dawn

God bless all of you that are in harm's way. Stay safe. Just remember, most things are replaceable, but not people.

Howard