• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
DaCruzNut

I may be crazy, but, not this crazy!!!!!!!

Rate this topic

I received this e-mail and couldn't stop laughing.....both at the content and the dumb people who may actually reply!

alt textalt text

"Dear Sir,

Please I am Mr Mark Williams, the only son of

Late Chief Fred Williams from Sierra Leone. I am writing you in Absolute confidence primarily to seek your assistance to transfer our money, eight million, eight hundred thousand dollars (US$8,800,000.00) my late father deposited in my favour as next of kin in a custody of a BANK here in Abidjan to your private account pending our arrival to your country.

SOURCE OF THE MONEY

My father late, Chief Fred Williams, a native of Mende district in the Northern Province of Sierra

Leone, was the general Manager of Sierra Leone mining Corperation (S.L.M.C.)Freetown. According to my Father, this money was the income accrued from mining corporations over draft and minor sales. Before the peak of the civil war between the rebels forces of major Paul Koroma and the combined forces of ECOMOG peace-keeping force that almost destroyed my

country, following the forceful removal from power of the Civilian Elected President Ahmed Tejan Kabbah by

the rebels. My father had already made arrangement for his family, my mother, my little sister and myself to be evacuated to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire with our personal effects.

My father deposited the fund for the safe custody until

after the war when he will join us. During the war in

my country, and following the indiscriminate looting

of public and Government properties by the rebel

forces, the Sierra Leone mining coperation Was one of the targets looted and destroyed.

My father including other top Government functionaries were attacked and killed by the rebels in November 1999 because of his good relationship

with the civilian Government of Ahmed Tejan Kabbah. As a result of my father death, and with the news of my Uncles involvement in air crash in January, dashed our hope of survival. The untimely deaths caused my mothers heart failure and other related complications of which she later died in the hospital here after several months she suffered after we must have spent a lot of money on her. Now my 19-year-old sister and I are alone in this strange country suffering without any care or help.

Without any relation, we are now like refugees and Orphans. Our only hope now is on this money our father deposited in the BANK in my favour

as next of kin. I have visited the bank with all the related vital deposit papers and it was approved by the bank. I humbly solicit for your assistance in the followings ways. To assist me to transfer this

money to your bank account as my late father's business associate.

-To transfer this money in your name to your country

-To make a good arrangement for a joint business investment on our

behalf in your country and you as the caretaker.

-To arrange for residence visa and for me and little sister to further

our education.

-And to make arrangement for our travel with you to your country after our money transferred into your account. The whole deposit documents issued the bank, issued to my late father is in my custody. For your

assistance, I and my sick sister were offering you 20% of this money to you for your assistance.

Please call me as soon as you receive this mail. I am anxiously waiting

for your call.

Best regards

Mark and sister.

Email: williamsinheritance######"

Every couple weeks I usually get the one from the widow in Nigeria who has her husband's money stashed away in a secret bank account.

And you didn't go for it - can't imagine why. Would the son of a chief lie? Couldn't you use all that money. Maybe you could just marry the "sick sister" and get even more money lol. Too funny. TTFN Jennifer

Each month I get a new one from different counties ...how odd... and the last one stated I was a long lost relative of who knows. Funny, my large family and I am the only long lost one :shocked:

But Hey, I am a real relative of the Vanderbilt's but my branch of the line was banished a generation or two ago because someone married someone they did not like ...geeze! :cry:

This scam has been going on for ages, but, you have to think, if it wasn't at least a little bit successful, they would stop doing it. I reckon there are enough people with a little money and fewer brains that are seeing $$$ and going for it.

Whenever I get an email asking for money, a petition or that has some sort of warning about crime or disease or outrage about something like "bonzai kittens", I always check out one of the urban legends websites. There I usually find a report stating that the email is a hoax. The ubiquitous warnings about viruses need to be checked at Semantec because they're usually a hoax.

When people pass along these emails, they're trying to do the right thing. Most of the stuff is bogus.