• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Tamara

performing

Rate this topic

If you could be any type of performer (successfully), what would you be and why? Singer (what kind? Celine Dion, Pavarotti, Mick Jagger?), actor (dramatic or comedic; Adam Sandler or Harrison Ford?) , stand-up comic (Seinfeld, Don Rickles?), circus act (clown or trapeze artist?), daredevil, celebrity chef....?

This question is about what you would want to be WITHOUT all of the work and sacrifice involved in getting there, sort of a blink your eyes and you're famous kind of thing. Well, we can dream, can't we?

Definately a singer-comedian!

alt text

Before I was born, my dad had a band which played the Catskills. My dad was a musician, who played the guitar, banjo, etc; and the band was patterned after the old "Spike Jones Band."

I attended the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts (remember "Fame?"), in New York. One summer, following in dad's footsteps, a group of us formed a band and played the hotels in the Catskills. It was a lot like "Dirty Dancing...."

While it was a lot of fun, for a seventeen year-old, it was a rough life. Traveling from hotel to hotel, and seldom spending more than one night in any one hotel; keeping very strange hours; eating whatever they threw at you; and so forth.

Well, the voice changed (for the worse), and my "career" was over.

I still have a decent voice, and perform at a few clubs in the area on occasion, just for the fun of it. In fact, I'll be singing this Sunday, at Tropics, and Monday, at Chardee's in Wilton Manors. If you're in the area, you can come and throw a few bucks in the jar!

I always want to be an actor, more on the stage rather than in movies. I have recently been considering taking some acting lessons in a theater near me. I think about doing some acting in local theaters. Maybe one day.

Howard

Joyce-

Don't be so quick to give up your new career!alt text

I sing, on rare occasion, at two local "piano bars (By the way, my two speciatlies are "Mr. Cellophane," from Chicago, and "I Won't Send Roses," from Mack & Mabel...)" Torch Singers are still IN at both!!! So, next time you're in the area, let me know and I'll fix you up to do a little something.

I would definately want to be an exotic dancer - think stripper lol. I would do it at the old folks home though - they would probably not mind the inevitable forces of gravity that have ravaged my formerly shapely form! I have my own teeth so that would set me apart from most of the other gals lol. I used to have a 42 inch bust - but now I just add it to my waist measurement because it all seems to have travelled down that way anyway. TTFN Jennifer ( stagename - Menopause Molly)

I'd like to be a gymnast... flying though the air like that looks like so much fun. Plus, I wouldn't mind weighing just 100 lbs, either. :smiley:

If...............I were about a foot taller, with long , thin legs and about 30 years younger, I'd love to be a professional dancer. I've always loved to dance but think Rita Moreno, Debbie Allen, etc.

Hazelson, that is tooooo funny. LOL