• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

best places round the med...

Rate this topic

lindie11

I lived in Greece for three years, and traveled to many countries in the Med while I was in the Navy. Spent a month in Spain, Madrid, Sevilla, Jerez, etc. in Andalusa. And I really enjoy visits to Barcelona. In Italy, I love Capri, Sorrento, and the Amalfi coast.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a Med cruise on Brilliance. It's hard to say which place is my favourite.

I love Barcelona, but then Florence, Rome and Athens are great. Venice is probably the most romantic city I have ever seen. Mykanos and Santorini are breathtaking. The French Riviera is very pretty and classy. My least favourite place of the cities we've visited is Palermo.

We like the Med so much we booked another cruise while we were on Brilliance, to go back next year.

Hey Shari2,

Don't forget Florence when you get to Italy!! IMHO, right up there with Venice!

Santorini, Greece is a great spot as well.

See you in a few weeks on board the Infinity. Trying to figure out which video camera to bring. Since we have rented a van on every island, I think I will bring my larger one, a Sony VX-3. It is bulky, but professional grade, but with the van should not be a problem.

Now I need to look at my tripods to see which will travel best on the short flight to SD from Las Vegas.