• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
hazelson

Booked room

Rate this topic

Has anyone ever been moved, by the cruise line, from a booked room - not a guarantee but booked cabin. The one we are looking at on the Carnival Pride has the usual twins (convert to king), sofa and an upper. We will only be two in the cabin. If we book and pay for that particular cabin can we be moved so they can use the extra "upper" for an extra passenger? Just wanted to be sure before we pay for it. Thanks Jennifer

I never had it happen to me, and I never heard it happen to anyone else. Who knows what they would actually do. Maybe if they needed your cabin, they would give you an upgrade. :wink:

Howard

That could be nice - but I want a cabin low down, centre of ship with balcony - I might settle on the owners suite though :o) Can you refuse an upgrade? Talk to you soon Jennifer

We were upgraded from a room to another room once on Carnival. Have to admit - It was a great room, much larger than we had booked, but way at one end of the ship. I'd rather be lower and mid ship too. I like to hear the sounds of the sea!

hazelson, Let us know if you get the captain's cabin. :wink: We once turned down an upgrade- my daughter was 3 years old and we'd pick her up from the camp and carry her back to the cabin so we booked a cabin near the camp. They upgraded us to one at the other end of the ship so we turned it down. The convenience was more important to us at the time.