• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Returned from Monarch

Rate this topic

Chudybudy

Hi Crazies,

Well I got back on Monday but been way to hard at work to even check in. Very small cabins to say the least. The ship is very nice and in good shape. Very well kept and clean. The food was great. Entertainment, some of the best I have seen in years! Service was good. In all my years of cruising I have never had this happen. I wonder if it's a fuel saving thing. We left Ensanada on time and sailed off into the sunset. After dinner, shows, drinks till the wee hours it was off to bed. At around 0500 I got up and went out on deck to have a smoke. The ship was just floating in the water not moving at all. No land in sight as it was 0500 and still dark but there we are just setting there. No anchor in the water, just drifting. :huh: No reason was given so I guess they think everyone is in bed sleeping so why go anywhere. I just thought it was a really strang thing. Well that's about it for now so I hope you all have a great weekend.

Richard :smiley:

I don't know where your next port was, but many times in the Caribbean, the next port is under 100 miles away, which won't take more than 5-6 hours to get to, and they have 13 or 14 hours to do it. Many times, they'll get a lot of the distance covered in the evening hours, then kind of coast along when people are sleeping. I'm sure this was a similar thing to what you experienced.

alt text

Glad you're back and happy to hear you had a great time!

As far as the "drifting," the ships do it all the time. You just don't, usually, get up early enough...(5:00 am??? Are you nuts???? if I got up at 5:00 am, on a cruise, I would have gotten about two hours sleep.... :grin: :grin: :grin: )

On one cruise I was on, one of the ports was Cozumel. We sailed from Cozummel at 9:00 pm, for the journey to our next port, Playa del Carmen. Although Playa is only 12 miles from Cozumel, we didn't dock until 6:00 am!