Welcome to the NEW and ENHANCED CruiseCrazies! Read more... ×
Welcome to the NEW and ENHANCED CruiseCrazies!

See what's new and changed here

• Welcome Guest, Sign Up to Remove This Message!

As a member you'll be able to:

• Create a profile
    • Join the discussions
    • Create Blogs and Groups
    • Upload your cruise photos
    • Connect with other cruisers
    • Lots more

Join Today - It's FREE!

Sign in to follow this  
Jason

the best cell phone provider...

Rate this topic

Who do YOU think is the best? I currently have AT&T Wireless, and I cannot wait to say goodbye to them once my contract expires. Nothing but confusion and aggravation with them.

Do you have Sprint? Verizon? Cingular? AT&T?

I have had Verizon, with the same phone number since 1989. They have changed their names a few times over the years. You are probably to young to remember the bag phones. Rita had Cingular and we just switched her to Verizon, as well. Main reason we switched was service--not as many dead spots in system. Also, she was able to keep her phone number.

All these companies have to have some good and bad about them or they wouldn't be in business. You can't please everyone. I've gone back and forth between 2 of the companies here in Canada, and didn't really see any difference over the last 12 years or so.

K&R, I remember the bag phones. My parents had one about 14 years ago, back when taking a cell phone into a public place was making a status statement LOL. I think the battery pack on it was bigger than the rest of the phone.

I don't recall seeing anyone lugging them into restaurants. I carried mine back and forth between what ever vehicle I was driving and out to rural job sites etc.

Oh yeah, people use to take them wherever they went since it made them appear to be a 'somebody' LOL. Same as people with car mounted phones who would stretch that cord over to their left ear, so people could see they were talking on the phone LOL.