• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

First time on Carnival

Rate this topic

My husband and I, along with a very large group of friends, are booked on the Carnival Inspiration sailing out of Tampa on December 6, 2004. This will be our third cruise and the first time on Carnival. I haven't seen as much written on the Inspiration as I have other Carnival ships. Can anyone give me a little info on her? I know she's an older ship but I believe she's recently had some touching up done. Am I correct?

Thanks.

It is an older ship, but they are very well kept up. We sailed her several years ago and liked the ship. Tampa is a great place to sail from. No hassle getting to the terminal, and easy debarking too. Have a great time.

I think that even if Carnival or the ship itself leave something lacking in comparison to your previous cruises, being with a large group makes it seem better anyway, since you will be with people you know, and hopefully enjoying the company too.

Thanks for the info. It will be our first time out of Tampa, John. We're staying at a small motel on Treasure Island at Johns Pass. We're from Florida originally, so it will be nice to enjoy a couple of days there before we depart.

Dan, our two previous cruises were on RC and Celebriy, so I'm pretty sure that Carnival won't be as "grand" as the others, but we traveled on the others with friends, so I know we'll enjoy ourselves. If you can't find a party, just bring one with you.

I think that the key to having a great cruise, is knowing what to expect.

I have been on Carnival, RC & Celebrity, among others, and can tell you that there is a world of difference between Carnival and Celebrity. Coincidentally, these are my two personal favorites!

Carnival lives up to it's slogan, "the fun ships..." The atmosphere is VERY casual. Even on 'Formal Nights,' the attire is very low key. While you see a few men in tuxes, and a few more in 'business suits,' and women in gowns, or nice dresses, many passengers don't bother to get all fussed up. In addition, quite of the few who dress for dinner go back to their cabins, afterwards, and change.

The entire tone of the ship is fun and relaxation.

On the plus side, Carnival has been able to shake the "Animal House" reputation, it once deservedly had, and most of the passengers are no longer the 'drunken frat crowd.' there's a nice mix of young people, couples, families and older people.

The service, in all areas, is good. Not terrific, or great, but good. Just don't expect the attention you get on Celebrity. But, again, they are different types of cruises. Carnival may not be as attentive, but they try hard, and succeed most of the time.

When I want to get away from it all, let down my hair (what little I have left :grin: ), and just have a good time, I pick Carnival.

I'm sure you'll have a great time, especially if you're going with a group.