• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Lisa63

Woo hoo.. we're going to the circus!

Rate this topic

The circus is in town, and DH surprised us with tickets for one of the shows this weekend. I'm still a little kid when it comes to the circus. I still get goosebumps when the entire group of performers walks out at the beginning. And the elephants -- I just love watching them.

If I don't post for awhile, it's because I'll be on a sugar high from all the cotton candy. :grin:

Enjoy the circus, Lisa. Personally, I never liked it too much, but went often because my kids loved it. Now their grown, and could go themselves, thank goodness. :wink:

Howard

Whoopee!!!! Hope you have a fantastic time!!!!

alt text

I've always loved the circus! When I was a little kid, I went to Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Circus, at Madison Square Garden, and the Clyde Beatty-Cole Brothers Circus, at Palisades Park (held in a tent!), every year! I also loved the Hoxie Brothers and the Hanneford Circuses.

I still go to Ringling Brothers, every year, but now I see it at the American Airlines Arena, here in South Florida.

Thank you all. We had a super time. Its was the 133rd edition of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. Highlights were:

Bello the Clown (hilarious -- he did a bit with an "unmoveable" suitcase that was superb),

The trapeze act (one of the performers went from one trapeze, did a few flips over the bars on the center platform, and then moved to the trapeze on the other side).

The six motorcyclists in the big metal ball (vroom, vroom),

The human cannonball,

And the parade of elephants.

What I liked about this edition was that it was entertainment at its purest -- no special effects, excess lighting, or anything of that nature. It was just simple entertainment, much like it would have been 50 years ago.

I didn't have any cotton candy, but the popcorn was very good.