• Welcome Guest, Sign Up to Remove This Message!

As a member you'll be able to:

• Create a profile
    • Join the discussions
    • Create Blogs and Groups
    • Upload your cruise photos
    • Connect with other cruisers
    • Lots more

Join Today - It's FREE!

Sign in to follow this  
hazelson

Hallowe'en - is it just me?

Rate this topic

Ok - I'm a Hallowe'en nut - I've already started to get stuff out for this years extravaganza hauting - otherwise known as our garage. This year's theme will be the "haunted graveyard" - in the past we have actually had the professor on his own, then he and his bride had their wedding, the next year they had the baby - last year they had their anniversary party - complete with a haunted restaurant. On the menu were "hand sandwhiches, chicken legs (real chicke feet - yuk) and flies and and "irishman" stew with his head bubbling in a pot. We have a neighbour who has taken a video every year for the past five and she says its the highlight of her evening. Am I a little "over the top" or what. By dh bought stuff for the cemetary gates today and he will start on the "coffin" which he intends to pop out of, next week. Can't wait. TTFN Jennifer

Sounds like a lot of fun you guys have. We don't see too many people around here go to that effort anymore. Some decorate a bit outside, but nothing too elaborate. Looking forward to taking the kids trick-or-treating (they are just shy of 3 now). Of course mommy and daddy will have to filter it out and "dispose" of the stuff they shouldn't be eating LOL.

When my kids were little we decorated alot. Now all the kids in the neighborhood have grown up so we don't anymore. Plus working in a fabric shop and seeing halloween from the 4th of july on takes a toll on you. Unfortunately the same thing holds true for xmas, it has been shoved down our throats at work in xmas in july, that means we get ready in June. enough already.

hazelson, It sounds like a great time. I think it's terrific to be passionate about something, no matter what it is. I wish I could come and check it out. Halloween is DD's favorite holiday and she's driving us crazy over costumes right now. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don't have any dk's as yet - maybe soon lol - they're working on it (working?). And the kids are all grown up - I guess I do it for me lol - big kid that I am. TTFN Jennifer

Hazelson, You're so creative. I would love to see your house. I also love Halloween and love to decorate the outside of my house with a lot of decorations and Halloween characters that I have purchased. Every year many parents take pictures of their kids in front of my house. My 5 year nephew comes over and does not want to go Trick or Treating, instead he likes to give candy to the kids that come trick or treating and see all the different costumes. I've been living at this house for 5 years and the 1st year I ran out of candy, and I always buy tons of it. I had to go out and buy more.

I'm a teahcer and I also love to decorate my classroom and buy the kids Halloween pencils, stickers, and rulers. Our principal does not allow for us to distribute candy to the kids at all. What breaks my heart is the parents who do not let the kids participate at our annual Halloween parade because they do not celebrate Halloween. The kids feel so sad and left out, and they have to stay in a classroom while the others are at the parade.

We stopped giving out candies when the kids stopped putting any effort into the Halloween costumes. They just don't bother to dress up any more. It was no fun for us.

The whole Halloween, scary thing has changed for me since I started working at a funeral home. Cemeteries and graves and all that are part of my work day.