• Welcome Guest, Sign Up to Remove This Message!

As a member you'll be able to:

• Create a profile
    • Join the discussions
    • Create Blogs and Groups
    • Upload your cruise photos
    • Connect with other cruisers
    • Lots more

Join Today - It's FREE!

Sign in to follow this  
hazelson

Queen Mary Hotel - Long Beach

Rate this topic

We just booked our room for our pre-cruise night in Long Beach. Anyone have any insight into this "grand old dame" (meaning the QM not me). Any ghost stories? Dusting off the ouija board as we speak - who knows who I will get to talk to lol - ttfn Jennifer

Hi hazelson,

We'll be staying there as well... I couldn't help booking it as part of our cruise out of the LA area.

You may have seen it already, but here is the QM Web site. I have heard many reports about the ship being haunted, particularly near the indoor pool. :shocked: There's a link on this site that will take you to some eerie stories.

http://www.queenmary.com/

I have a lot of information on QM from her days as an ocean-going vessel. (Like anyone is surprised to hear that, lol.) I can recommend a couple of books, if you'd like. Or let me know what kind of information interests you and I'll see what I can find out.

Lisa63 - yes please - to the names of the books. I checked my library web but could not find anything. I want to do the research so I can figure out who I want to make "contact" with. We are going on the Pride March 6th - seems so far away but it will be worth the wait. TTFN Jennifer