• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Dec 19 on the Destiny

Rate this topic

Hi I was just wondering if anyone here was sailing on the destiny on dec 19. Or if there was anyone that has sailed recently on the Destiny and could tell me about the kids/teens program i am taking my 13 yr old daughter and would love to know there is someone sailing her age that she could email and get to know before the cruise.

Thanks gina

Thank you both and it's nice to post to a board the first time and get a nice warm welcome. Don't worry I am sure I have lots of questions. I have been asking on different boards and got some answers but it never hurts to get lots of advice.

I'll tell our ports just in case someone here has any must not miss tours or sites. we go to St Thomas, Dominica, Barbados and Aruba.

I'll make sure to try to keep any info I get together to share as Rogue is going in April. And take lots of pics too . Thanks again for the warm welcome

Gina

For my first question. I am a past guest with Carnival we went on the Sensation in 97 for out 10 wedding anniversary so they have my past guest # and we booked a balcony that trip and also this one but this time we just did a gar. room . What are the chances of us getting an upgrade to an upper deck not looking for a suite would be nice but not a must. This is my daughters first cruise so I wanted to make sure she had a balcony to see from as we leave or arrive. Thanks

Gina...we booked a guarantee balcony on our last cruise on Celebrity, and we did not get an upgrade. We have a balcony guarantee on this cruise, and we haven't been assigned a cabin, yet, so there is a chance. It all depends on how the ship is selling out, I think. We don't expect an upgrade, but, I admit that it would be nice.

We just always book what we will be happy with, and then if we get an upgrade, that will be a plus. Good luck to you, I hope we both get one!

Happy Cruising!!

Thanks for the welcome gogetter.

Shari I am not to worried about an upgrade ,on the first cruise DH and I got a balcony and this time I just coudn't stand the thought of not having one so I will be happy upgrade or not. As for the cameras and film, I am taking a digital, a mini camcorder, and reg 35 mm cam, plus the lap top so I can download pics from the memory stick straight to the computer. And oh yes lest I forget daughter is bringing several waterproof cams too. As for the review I will try each night to write down the highlights and my impressions of the day. Details of the menu prices of drinks umm and try to get important things about the ship jotted down to.

Boat ride I think on our first cruise to St Thomas I did go up to Paradise Point if it's where they were serving this punch stuff that I drank mine then DH and was lightheaded the trip down . Since you like St Thomas should we go to the Castle there? We didn't last time we just went to Magens Bay then to P Point but I am thinking I would like the Castle and my parents who are going with us said they would enjoy that they think.

Gina